jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why are there limited styles for plus sizes but there is a large amount of plus

1. profile image45
    decraneposted 7 years ago

Why are there limited styles for plus sizes but there is a large amount of plus size people?

The stores are full of clothing for larger women that is so matronly. Every women that is large is not necessarily old or want to dress plain.

2. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

Because most clothing desginers are close minded to what realy looks good on peopple

3. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

Sadly, the fashion industry rarely make fashionable clothes for plus-sized women.

It's a market that IS growing although, whilst plus-size women make up the majority of the population, fashion is still based around six-foot stick insects, because they look good--if not always normal.

4. profile image49
    skullzlondonposted 7 years ago

Absolutely, which is why I started my own label, Skullz London. Plus sized clothing that is a million miles from matronly. I`m on Facebook, ebay & Etsy. Have a look, you`ll be extremely surprised.

5. imatellmuva profile image80
    imatellmuvaposted 7 years ago

My Mother is plus size. In my opinion the fashion industry has made tremendous strides with stylish clothes for the fuller figure.
    My Mother is disabled, so I shop for her. I find very, VERY nice clothes, for her at Lane Bryant and The Avenue Woman. The clothes are priced. The prices are comparable to clothes for people of average size.

My son is also plus size. I find that clothes for plus size men are priced significantly higher in most stores. My son has found saving grace in a store called A J Wright. This store has very fashionable styles at discount prices.

6. tinaweha profile image67
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

I guess there is a limited assortment of good clothes for bigger chicks because stores, manufacturers, and dress designers don't want to make money.

What the flip are stores thinking?  Most women are not tall twigs.  I happen to find more things on the internet, but I'm totally boho and that is what works for me.  I like boho because it stretches and moves, while tailored doesn't.

If I looked good in preppy tailored stuff, that would be what I would wear, but it's not.

Stores are absolutely crazy not to have a better selection of plus sizes.  What?  They don't want to make money?  Is my money no freaking good?