jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What are your views on cosmetic surgery?

1. ROMANCER OF LIFE profile image71
    ROMANCER OF LIFEposted 7 years ago

What are your views on cosmetic surgery?

Explain what your feelings are when you think about cosmetic surgery. Do you like it? Do you think it's being abused? Do you think it's petty? What are your views on cosmetic surgery?

2. Miranda Fox profile image63
    Miranda Foxposted 7 years ago

My feelings are ambiguous.  On one end, I think you should be happy with what you were given and love yourself regardless.  On the other, and realistically speaking, everyone has something they'd like to change, alter, nip, and lift.  As far as it being abused, I do have to say this; Heidi Montag should have spent the countless hours in the surgical room in a therapists couch instead.

3. CoCoV profile image56
    CoCoVposted 7 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with it if you wanted to just do a small procedure to emphasize a feature.  But I do feel that people abuse it and go overboard because then the process becomes to easy to them and so they FIND other things that need to be "changed" and change is NOT what I think people should use surgery for.  We all have our natural beauty for a reason. It makes us beautiful and different from someone else.

Like Makeup...you want to use makeup to highlight your feature, not create a totally different person.

So I'm for it if you need a little boost of help, but don't go overboard and have 20! smile

4. SIJO1 profile image71
    SIJO1posted 7 years ago

If it makes you feel better about yourself then why not. But i would imagine that once you have something done then you would possibly look at what else to change. I think alot of it has to do with being content with yourself.Cosmetic surgery is more permanent and does not go without its risk.Where as you can change your apperance or looks with make up clothes or a different hairstyle and if your not happy or get bored you just change it again

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

It should only be used to repair birth defects or the results of serious accidents.

6. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 7 years ago

I think nobody should ever change the body they got, unless its a health risk.

7. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 7 years ago

I am a bit against cosmetic surgery. You should love yourself and your body the way it is. Though cosmetic surgery should be used if an injury or a particular birth defect may cause health risk.

8. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Any surgery, no matter how minor, has the potential to be life-threatening through infection, reactions to anesthesia, or other complications. While most surgeries go off as planned, I personally can't understand why someone would take that risk for something they don't need. In addition, barring a serious injury or birth defect as mentioned before, if someone is unhappy enough with their body to get cosmetic surgery in the first place then the surgery is not going to make them happy with it. If they like the result, they'll most likely find another "flaw" that needs to be "fixed" and use the same fast fix they used to "fix" the last one. It seems to me that in most cases it's the attitude that needs to change, not the appearance.

9. profile image44
    j.misraposted 7 years ago

Cosmetic surgery helps to change some of our body parts. It helps in enhancing our beauty and our looks. Cosmetic surgery can completely change one's look. Though it enhances our beauty but it is not right to change our feautures by it.  It can be done if somebody's face is completely burnt. Then her face can be changed by cosmetic surgery. It is a permanent solution. Otherwise it should not be done too frequently.

10. fanatik_efka profile image75
    fanatik_efkaposted 7 years ago

I believe it depends. There are some views when it's good and even a must, but also there other aspects that are big cons of such thing. In fact i wrote hub about it, so please read if you care: http://hubpages.com/hub/Plastic-surgery-to-do-it-or-not

11. destinyalonzon profile image59
    destinyalonzonposted 6 years ago

Hi! I'm from the Philippines...For me cosmetics surgery is okay... it can gives hope for those people who are disappointed with their imperfections... but i suggest doing too much a cosmetics surgery in your body is not good.

Here, I  knew a cosmetics surgery clinic that can give you a quality service if you want to undergo to a cosmetics surgery here in the Philippines.