jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

i just my first tattoo on my right side of my chest should i have it cover up???

1. profile image46
    avitapersaud83posted 7 years ago

i just my first tattoo on my right side of my chest should i have it cover up???

2. ar.colton profile image83
    ar.coltonposted 7 years ago

If it's a brand new tattoo it should be covered up for a couple hours and than let to heal out in the open air. You want to keep it out of direct sunlight and don't let it soak in water.

Keep it clean by using scent-free soap and letting water run over it. Pat it dry, don't rub it.

In a few days it will start to get itchy and may flake or peel. All of that is completely normal and a part of the healing process.

It's important to remember that a tattoo is a lot of scratches in your skin that take longer to heal because they have had ink inserted into them to creat the picture. Treat them as such, keep them clean and let them heal.

You can wear a t-shirt that covers it up but there may be some bleeding or excess ink that will stain the shirt. It may also irritate the skin if fabric is rubbing agasint it.

Good luck!

3. nitishchaudhary profile image73
    nitishchaudharyposted 7 years ago

just see this that this thing don't disturb to others

4. ms jessica marie profile image74
    ms jessica marieposted 6 years ago

you should also make sure u dont let it dry out.  A & D ointment works great for this.  it doesnt have to much antibodies in it the way triple antibiotic ointment or neosporin does.  a very thin layer after u wash will keep it moist while still allowing it to breath. if u put to much on, and glob it over the entire area it will seal the tattoo and wont allow it to breath, no air equals no healing.  but dont let it dry and scab to bad.  if u let it scab badly there is a much greater chance u will have to get it touched up to fill in cracks in the tattoo left from a bad scab.  i work at a tattoo shop, and the biggest issue with healing we have is people letting their work dry out to the point of cracking.

working