how can i customise a simple, short, black prom dress for halloween? im going fo

1. profile image47
    muddle<34posted 7 years ago

how can i customise a simple, short, black prom dress for halloween? im going for the vampire...

look and i have a VERY low budget.

2. Tirzah Laughs profile image82
    Tirzah Laughsposted 7 years ago

Accessories will make the dress.    Do you have white powder?  If you not, you can use baby powder, although it may make you sneeze.

Make your face as pale as you can.  If white doesn't work with your skin tone, look for a make up at the dollar store, several shades lighter than your skin.

Add a bright red dark lipstick.   

From the dress, remove any frills ruffles, frills.  Any girly touches remove, to give it a clean vamp look.   

Perhaps you can spray it with glitter.  Not a lot...just give it some shine.

Also jewelry.  See if you can find any bigger costume pieces.

Good luck.  Teeth and makeup will cover most of it.

3. Jo Deslaurier profile image70
    Jo Deslaurierposted 7 years ago

Just to add to Tirzah's comments, the brand "wet n' wild" makes super cheap makeup that's perfect when you only want to use it once. You can find it at walmart, cvs or probably any other pharmacy store. Also, I don't know what kind of vampire you're going for but if you want to be the Twilight sort of vampire I recommend buying really cheap body glitter (wet n' wild makes some, you can also buy it from a halloween brand at pretty much any store for under $5) Use the glitter to cover any bare skin so you "sparkle" like the Twilight vampires. If you're going more for a "Vampire Diaries" or "True Blood" look use cheap blue eyeliner to outline the veins in your face around your eyes, do it very lightly and it will look like your veins are popping out, to hard and it will just look like you drew on your face.
    Happy Halloween!

Closed to reply