jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think humanity's view of beauty EXPANDS or SHIFTS?

1. Ellen Page profile image59
    Ellen Pageposted 7 years ago

Do you think humanity's view of beauty EXPANDS or SHIFTS?

For example: Would you take the acceptance of plus-sized models as a move AWAY from smaller being "beautiful" or do you think that we have just expanded our ideas of beauty to include full-figured women?

2. loveingyou profile image58
    loveingyouposted 7 years ago

Personally, I think that humanity's view of beauty does not expand or shift much. Contrary to the popular belief of beauty is in the eyes of the beauty, notice how attractive individuals possess flattering qualities that are attractive to many people. This is due to the reason that we find mathematical ratio attractive and appealing as foreseen in the Golden Ratio that is applicable to many attractive stars and models.

On the note of plus-sized models, I believe that society has become more accepting due to the whole acceptance concept nowadays. Social isolation and stereotyping are seen as wrong, and due to the increasing pressure of acceptance, models of all sizes need to feel accepted, and be accepted in society.

3. Fareehaarif profile image56
    Fareehaarifposted 7 years ago

In my point of view as thinking and desires are changed according to the age like this the views of beauty are also change but little extent...Well we know that human nature like change...

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

It fluctuates with the whims of the fashion/advertising media, is strengthened by the cult of the celebrity, and the sheep follow.
    Adding plus sizes is just creating bigger markets, it's ecconomics and has nothing to do with beauty.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

100%. it changes all the time. what is popular now , wasn't popular 25 years ago and so on.i'm not sure about plus size models personally because i am not a fan of overweight women but many people are.

6. yenajeon profile image81
    yenajeonposted 7 years ago

Of course it does! People in China used to think small, bound feet were beautiful. Obviously we now think it looks disgusting. Beauty is a changing, conceptual idea. I believe there are people of all natures. I know for certain there are people who act like they like bigger women because it'd be wrong not to accept them as beautiful. BUT there are also men who truly do enjoy bigger women. It's such a weird thing, preference!

working