Do you think that women over the age of 60 can be attractive and sexy?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (32 posts)
  1. soozeqsh profile image73
    soozeqshposted 12 years ago

Do you think that women over the age of 60 can be attractive and sexy?

"Weekly Topic Inspiration:  Aging and Beauty".  Magazines and the media in general dismiss older women when it comes to beauty, thus overlooking a major segment of the female population.  Taking an oppositional view to our youth oriented society such as "  "Grey hair makes me feel sexy" or "How to make wrinkles work for you" might be fun topics.  Or if you think over 60 is truly over the hill try "The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be" or "From sassy and sexy to sad and saggy - life over 60".  Hopefully this topic will inspire some thoughtful and outrageous hubs!

2. mariasial profile image64
    mariasialposted 12 years ago

I am not sure about looking sexy at the age of 60 but i am sure that one can look beautiful smart and graceful at the age of 60 . You only need to take care of your skin and figure and wear according to your body and fashion requirement.

i believe if you are 20 and you are looking great nothing special  but if you are hot at the age of 60 you must be smart mentally as well

1. watergeek profile image93
      watergeekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's more like BEING sexy at age 60. I don't have a beautiful face and have never dyed my hair. I've done hatha yoga since my early twenties. At 62 men are telling me how sexy my walk is . . . and I don't try. Like you, I prefer smart and graceful.

3. CeresTine profile image60
    CeresTineposted 12 years ago

Yes. Being attractive and sexy at 60 is carrying yourself with stylish confidence and dressing in  elegant and chic fashion. It is not wearing tight clothes for someone half your age just because you underwent the knife.

4. AnkushKohli profile image59
    AnkushKohliposted 12 years ago

Yes , sure need to maintain herself by taking care of her skin & physic.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

women that age that keep in shape and don't wear lots of makeup can be sexy no doubt. the problem is that many try to hard and they end up looking cheap or desparate.

6. Lin on Love profile image62
    Lin on Loveposted 12 years ago

Wrong question. Yes, of course a woman can be attractive and sexy over sixty. Look at Tina Turner, Sophia Loren, the list is long. That's not the point. Attractive is one thing, sexy is something else again. Maybe I better write a hub and help all you young chicks out before you end up dried up and lonely old gals who think your love life is over just because you don't die early enough to keep from getting old. But 60 is not old. Neither is 70. Stay tuned.

7. Mrs. Menagerie profile image89
    Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years ago

Absolutely!  I think the trick is to look and dress your age.  Being attractive does not mean trying to look 25.  Being comfortable with your age and, of course, taking care of yourself, is sexy.
    I recently went to a wedding that was an excellent example of many over 60 women looking their "best."  There were many different looks:

The beautiful writer: dressed in flowing layers, minimally styled blond bob and subtle makeup...gorgeous.

The aristocratic Jewish woman: black hair with one streak of gray worn in a chignon, a bit of red lipstick and a dark, tailored dress...absolutely regal.

The bimbo:  one woman, who has always been very attractive in the past, showed up in a short, tight red dress and 4 inch heels.  She had obviously just had plastic surgery and thought this made her look like a teenager and so she was dressing like one.  Her hair (usually dark) was bleached blond and her date was clearly 15 years younger than her. (Good for her on this one, and HE clearly thought she looked beautiful.)  Her heels kept sinking into the ground and she had to hang on her date to stand up.  All this commotion was very attention getting at a wedding.  I was embarrassed for her.

These are just some examples, and just my opinion:)

8. Jason Oleinik profile image61
    Jason Oleinikposted 12 years ago
  9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

What role does age have among women when it comes to relationships, attending school, and finding and keeping a job? read more

10. puddingicecream profile image69
    puddingicecreamposted 12 years ago

Yes, I think people can be attractive and sexy at all ages!

11. K9keystrokes profile image83
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Women over 50 are sexy and attractive in a deeper more meaningful way then when they were younger! read more

12. Mrs. Menagerie profile image89
    Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years ago

Every proper woman knows the rule: "No long hairstyles after 4o."  Long hair is for women in the flower of their youth. It's beautiful, sexy, and feminine and we all know that women over 40 are none of those things. read more

13. jagandelight profile image67
    jagandelightposted 12 years ago

Heck yes they can. One woman that comes to mind is Susan Lucci, she's 64 years old and she's very attractive and sexy as can be. She looks like a woman in her early 40's I can't believe her age, hope I look as good when I am 60 years old.

14. Aamna Aamad profile image60
    Aamna Aamadposted 12 years ago

for sure they do. depending on how they carry themselves.

15. Dianemae profile image68
    Dianemaeposted 12 years ago

I certain do! The first vision that comes to mind is Sohpia Loren's commercial for Foster grant glasses.  She is so beautiful and with the sexy, seductive response to the question, "Do you see anything you like?' And Sophia smiles and says, "I certain do!'  Sexy and well over sixty.

16. KatieP ThinEnough profile image70
    KatieP ThinEnoughposted 12 years ago

We don't lose our beauty as we get older, we enhance it through the experiences of life. With age comes wisdom, contentment, compassion, empathy and self awareness. These character traits shine through our outward appearance making us fascinating, intriguing and alluring. read more

17. Dreamlin profile image56
    Dreamlinposted 12 years ago

Aging is a natural process that we are powerless to resist. True beauty, however, grows beyond skin deep. The loving memories of a husband help his grieving widow survive countless lonely days. read more

18. forlanda profile image76
    forlandaposted 12 years ago

The simple answer is... It is in the eye of the beholder. I'm assuming we are referring to physical beauty here.
    Guess what...people's views are biased by the ideas and prejudice learned from society and the pervasive culture in which they live... read more

19. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 12 years ago

Yes and Yes!!!!! Suzanne Somers is a great example as well as the ones listed below.  You have a choice. Become dowdy, matronly, give up on makeup and cute clothes OR keep it goin' on..........jewelry, makeup, hair, clothes, exercise, vitamins, healthy food, postive attitude, a passion about life. I do believe it's a choice and some women just give up, don't care.

20. soozeqsh profile image73
    soozeqshposted 12 years ago

Aging is misunderstood in our youth oriented society.  With a change of attitude learn how aging can be an amazing positive experience. read more

21. Davids writing profile image69
    Davids writingposted 12 years ago

This hub represents a different angle on discussing the relation between aging and beauty. I start with the important question of whether women over the age of 60 can be attractive and sexy, even in today's day and age!   I think that the answer is... read more

22. Sharyn's Slant profile image90
    Sharyn's Slantposted 12 years ago

Adult Acne is more common than you may think.  Here are the facts and what you can do about it . . . read more

23. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 12 years ago

Age is something that will happen whether you want it or don't. Age with grace and age well with some simple life living tips. read more

24. pearpandas profile image60
    pearpandasposted 12 years ago

Of course!  I always notice a beautiful woman by the way she carries herself!  If you think you are young and sexy, and carry yourself that way, other people will see you that way too!

25. Alicia Crowder profile image60
    Alicia Crowderposted 12 years ago

There are actually a lot of women that become more attractive the older they get. There is a certain style and sensual essence that can come with age and experience, not to mention the fact that oftentimes these days younger girls look older way too fast due to their lifestyle choices and older women often look better and younger as a result of having either the upbringing to know how to care for themselves through the years, or for any myriad of other reasons including the long, long list of what makes anyone attractive.

26. Anil and Honey profile image59
    Anil and Honeyposted 11 years ago

sure,but 90% of women are in upset about their age.

27. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12170355_f260.jpg

The time when women 60 & over aren't considered to be attractive is ancient history.  Up until the middle to late 20th century, particularly in the United States, older, even middle aged women, were thought to having lost their physical & sensual attractiveness.  They were considered to be nearing &/or over the hill.  This negative stereotype of the older woman was Norma Desmond in the movie SUNSET BOULEVARD. She was considered washed up by Hollywood; however, she refused to believe such & INTENDED to make a comeback.  Older, even middle age, women were portrayed in Hollywood & seen in society as a hag, even a jealous/embittered hag or a sexless nonentity. The message relayed by Hollywood & society was to ACT ONE'S AGE, YOUR TIME IS GONE.

Since the late 1970s on with Toni Tucci, author, a pioneer of the emboldened, attractive, & sensual older woman, the old, atavistic stereotype of older women as sexless nonentities or embittered hags were a thing of the past.  Also with the feminist movement, older women realized that they still had things to do.  They furthermore realized that age did not preclude being attractive & vital.  Older women were becoming more proactive in all aspects of their lives.  They were no longer adhering to inane societal rules as to what older women are, how they should act, & what they should do.  In essence, older women had a BRAND NEW BAG.

Older women adopted a new, fresh attitude as to what old is.  They refuse to resign themselves & to wait for death.  Oh no, they view old age as yet another evolution in their life's quest.  Many women 60 & over are reinventing themselves mentally, emotionally, physically, psychologically, & spiritually.  Being old means being involved & engaged in life.  God, I should have written a hub; well, I just might do this.  There is two types of older women- the OLD old who sees 60 & over negatively. They act & think OLD, living in the past, wishing for their youth. Then there is the NEW old who views 60 & over as just a number. They intend to explore, grow, experiment &......BE.

28. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 9 years ago

From the time I was a younger man , I believed women of this age were far more beautiful , wholesome  and mature , !  Sexy too ! Now that I;m sixty , they look even better !

29. NiaG profile image86
    NiaGposted 9 years ago

Of course they can. They better because I hope to be. :-) Like most have said it's about how they carry themselves. Either it will spill over from their years before of always feeling sexy and youthful or they will have gained a sense of feeling sexy in their later years.

30. cnxx profile image59
    cnxxposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure about looking sexy at the age of 60 but i am sure that one can look beautiful smart and graceful at the age of 60 . You only need to take care of your skin and figure and wear according to your body and fashion requirement!!!

31. cosmeticanatural profile image58
    cosmeticanaturalposted 6 years ago

Of course! It is very important for this that you take care of yourself using natural cosmetics products made with pure natural ingredients.
    Facial soaps are great allies to care for and enhance the delicate skin of the face. You have a type of soap according to skin type and need.
    The Dead Sea Mud Soap is great for oily skin due to its anti-seborrheic, anti-acne and psoriasis properties. https://www.almasecret.com/jabon-de-ros … a-y-karite is an exceptional regenerator of the skin, both for young and mature skin and in the case of normal or dry skin.
    Choose the type of soap that best suits your needs and boasts beautiful, luminous skin.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)