jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I tame or style bangs?

1. haiatto profile image61
    haiattoposted 7 years ago

How do I tame or style bangs?

I just cut my hair, thinking blunt bangs would look good on me. I have thick, slightly wavy hair. Right now my bangs seem to have a life of their own! The bangs go down to my eyebrows and they wave/curl in different directions. How do I style them so they look semi-okay?

2. Tammy Favata profile image80
    Tammy Favataposted 7 years ago

There are so many options here. Side swept bangs are my favorite. Just blow dry them out with a round brush

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

You can try a couple different styles. If you want your bangs smooth and straight, blow them dry with a paddle brush.  If you have a flat iron, this will make them super straight. Spritz lightly with styling spray and you're done.  You could also use a shine spray as long as you use it on the rest of your hair also.
    If you want your bangs to slightly turn under at the brows, blow them dry with a radial brush and spray lightly.
    I don't know what your hair style is, but the long straight bangs are very trendy right now. You could also side sweep them for a change.
    I have written a hub which may interest you about The French Girl Look.  I hope this answer has helped you. http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Is-The-French-Girl-Look

4. ii3rittles profile image84
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

If you want them styled straight and fast, go with a small flat iron. If you want them wavey but still under control, use some sea salt spray. If you want them to be straight for awhile without worrying about them, try a relaxing kit. They can be found by the ethnic part of the hair isle in drug stores or beauty shops.

5. haiatto profile image61
    haiattoposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4685030_f260.jpg

This is what my bangs look like right now. (The rest of my hair is shoulder length.) I tried using a velco roller but I guess I didn't do that right since my bangs formed a wave in one direction. I'll try a round brush and blow dryer next time. Any other tips?

working