jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If a person is interested in beauty do people automatically assume they are sel

1. Shannon Alexandra profile image60
    Shannon Alexandraposted 7 years ago

If a person is interested in beauty do people automatically assume they are  self obsessed and vain?

2. Seeker7 profile image93
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

I wouldn't think so. I think it really depends on how the person comes across. If they act big-headed and vain then people obviously are going to respond accordingly. But many people who are interested in beauty are trying to improve themselves and their looks probably to help their confidence and are by no means vain.

3. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

sadly, alot of people will, but they shouldn't, a certain level of vanity is healthy anyway, if no one cared about their appearence or health, the human race would come to a stand still as no one would find each other attractive enough to date, but i think i'm straying from the question here, just because some one is interested in beauty doesn't make you vain, i'm interested in martial arts, but it doesn't make me a black belt . . . yet that is lol smile

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

there is a difference between interest and obsession. if a person just likes beauty is one thing but when it gets to the point where they judge others based on things like fashion, hair etc., they become vain and foolish.

5. profile image46
    taybay1212posted 7 years ago

yes and no. some people yes because they are really cute. then the people that says no they are not so cute.

6. profile image53
    hashaniposted 7 years ago

so depended on the views of people and cultures,everybody like to see beautiful things and everyone wants to look pretty,making  oneself happy is a good thing because you put out a positive vibe in doing so to the surroundings.so what ever interest you can be  made obsessive by oneself if gone to the extremes.
    it is not vain to make yourself happy by doing so.
    also remembering too much of something is bad enough.
    we live for a  short period of time, well human mind change all  all the time.
    well the answer to your question is not always people think negative of beauty.
    majority in the world love to see pretty and charming people.

7. wormdo profile image58
    wormdoposted 7 years ago

I think the key is not being obsessed. Everyone wants to look good of course, but we shouldn't let it become the most important thing to us. But I know lots of people who are interested in beauty, style, fashion, make-up, and so on, and I don't consider any of them vain.

working