jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can anyone please tell me the best way to get the Swelling from my new tounge pi

1. littledannie profile image55
    littledannieposted 7 years ago

Can anyone please tell me the best way to get the Swelling from my new tounge piercing to go down

it just won't go down keeps getting bigger

2. cresandsuzanne profile image58
    cresandsuzanneposted 7 years ago

try ice. if that doesnt work, you are probably having an allergic reaction to either the metal or it may even be infected.  if the ice does not take down the swelling and you have had the piercing for more than 1-2 days, go to the doctor and or call the shop where you had it done!!!
    your body is probably rejecting it though

3. lilibees profile image62
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I would think if the swelling continues calling the establishment you had it done at. This could be a sign of an infection or allergic reaction. My tingue ring was done so well and correctly the swelling resided by the next day.

4. Anne Pettit profile image72
    Anne Pettitposted 7 years ago

Remove it immediately, and get a tetanus shot.

5. CharlieNikhole profile image58
    CharlieNikholeposted 7 years ago

lol, Ice does work. Mouth wash plays a big factor! Use it after every time you eat,drink, smoke, etc.. You need to keep it clean.

You might have eaten something you weren't supposed to. You cant have anything breaded or drink beer.... could cause a yeast infection in your mouth. The swelling is normal up to 8 or 9 days actually, swelling ISN'T just a sign of an infection. When your sleeping, you might suck on your tongue, or maybe rub it against the roof of your mouth or teeth when talking causing aggravation. (it happens 90% of the time when someone gets a new piercing) which could also cause the swelling.

Use the mouth wash after every meal, drink, smoke, etc..
    Oh and when a piercing is infected, your not supposed to take it out. It will trap the infection inside. I suggest going back to the shop that did it if it continues to swell.

6. voodoo piercings profile image58
    voodoo piercingsposted 7 years ago

It really depends on when you got it pierced it will swell for a  day or so  .Practice good oral hygiene, switch to a new toothbrush with soft bristles and rinse the mouth with a non alcohol antiseptic mouthwash (preferably, dilute it with water) several times in a day, especially after eating. Also avoid alcohol and smoking try not to touch it with your fingers to much . And if it keeps getting worse remove piercing and consult a GP. It might be a allergic reaction to the material that the tongue bar is made of you could ask your piercer to have a look and change to a Titanium tongue bars they tend to be the best for sensitive reactions

http://www.bodypiercingsshop.com

working