jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Should women get tattoos on their arms?

1. profile image55
    stephaniez28posted 6 years ago

Should women get tattoos on their arms?

It has been considered taboo for so long, but has society finally accepted women getting visible tattoos?

2. wheeley profile image55
    wheeleyposted 6 years ago

That would be a personal choice, and I do feel that society has changed with accepting women with visible tattoos. Depending on the type of design you want it can be covered with a shirt in a business setting like work.

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I sure hope so!  I got one on my upper arm last year.  I work in an office and usually it is not visable.  If I am wearing something with really short sleeves people can see it.  No one has said anything negative yet.

4. CharlieNikhole profile image60
    CharlieNikholeposted 6 years ago

I have tattoos on my wrist, chest, neck, back, and under my ankles. I get a lot of compliments but I also get a lot of negative feed back. I have been told I shouldn't be allowed to have children because of my appearance and I have been called trash. I don't mind because I put these marks on my body knowing that there are still a lot of people who don't think women should openly mark their bodies. I think society is adapting to the "here and now trends" but there will always be people out there that disagree.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It is absolutely a personal choice.  Because tattoos are permanent, I wouldn't do it because over the years my tastes change so much I would be afraid I would change my mind about what I like and I couldn't change it.

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

They can but it doesn't mean that they should or shouldn't. It is up to her to decide. Most women want their tattoo's to be in secret. Showing someone else is a symbol of trust and a level of intimacy. For example, my tattoo is on my left hip. A sign that only a few people will ever see it because I am shy and enjoy some mystery in life. However, I have been debating getting a line of japanize symbols for strength, freedom, loyalty, and love down my right arm.

7. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

in general i think we have. there will always be those who are against it but it is becoming more and more rare. tattoos are a reflection of the person who gets them and it shouldn't be something that bothers another person.