jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What do you think of tattoos on your neck?

1. miakouna profile image75
    miakounaposted 5 years ago

What do you think of tattoos on your neck?

Tattoos are a form of expression and are popular ways of expressing yourself.  Many people choose to place tattoos where they can be easily hidden, in case they have to cover them up (for a job interview, church, or hide them from friends or family). 
    I've notice neck tattoos are becoming very common and people want everyone to see them and place them on their necks.  What do you think about tattoos being visible on a person's neck?

2. Thundermama profile image92
    Thundermamaposted 5 years ago

I am not a huge fan of these. I get that it's a personal choice, however, the best advice I ever got about tattoo placement, I have a lot, was to never put any on the chest or neck because it might distract people when they are talking to you and prevent them from connecting with you. I've found myself getting very distracted when talking with someone with tattoos near their face. It's a no go for me...well maybe if it was small and hidden behind the ear.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I've seen a few folks with tatoos on their necks and I didn't like them. There are many stunning tatoo designs and they look great elsewhere on the body, but on the neck? For me it just looks a bit tacky.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I think they look trashy. I express myself through my personality and manner, not by attracting unwanted attention through body art. I've met plenty of people with "self-expression" tattoos who were mindless bores. They knew nothing interesting and said nothing interesting. Expression starts with the mind.

5. ChinaDoll32BX profile image60
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 5 years ago

I say to each his own, I personally have 4 tattoos and I am ready to get more however, I can easily hide my tattoos. I am not a big fan of hand and neck tattoos.

1. miakouna profile image75
      miakounaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the input.  I donit have any tattoes myself, but I appreciate the tattoes on individuals that are meaningful, classy,and can be hidden when needed.  I think tattoes are a way to express, but I personally do not find neck tattoes attractive

6. jaswinder64 profile image60
    jaswinder64posted 5 years ago

I think its your personal choice, but if someone ask my suggestion, I will say never have tattoos on your neck only, but no other place on your body, because:-

1.  You are waisting your time.
    2.  You are waising your money.
    3.  Which material they use for tattoos, not good for your body.
    4.  Distracting other people's attention from you(real you)
    5. You are not beautifu with tattoos ony you are beautiful without them too.

7. LilaDaley profile image64
    LilaDaleyposted 5 years ago

I do not like neck tattoos or any tat you can't cover up.  I'm personally not a fan of tats and I really don't like them on women.  I'm sorry I know it's expression but I find it takes away from their natural beauty.  You spend more time looking at the tats than the girl.  It looks trashy to me, esp the neck, face and hands.

8. e-five profile image97
    e-fiveposted 4 years ago

Neck tattoos are simply a form of artistic expression, like etching important graffiti messages on the window of the El train, or bombing somebody's house you don't like.  Having it on your neck is merely an expression of your DEVOTED COMMITMENT to your chosen expression, like burning the pieces of the dismembered corpse of your murder victim.  So let's not confuse beautiful expressions of art with some type of pathology-- PLEASE!!

working