jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Best way of getting a matching daimond replaced?

1. zob2zob profile image60
    zob2zobposted 7 years ago

Best way of getting a matching daimond replaced?

HELP!!
    Lost diamond which makes matching pair on orange sapphire engagement ring.
    (see photo)

2. PETER LUMETTA profile image57
    PETER LUMETTAposted 7 years ago

Hi zob3zob,

That should be easy since you have the remaining one to match with. Take the ring with the stones in it to the jeweler you bought it from or someone you trust in the business and ask them to match the stone already in the ring. This is the best way since they will have the stone to match in their hands. Good Luck

Peter

3. Weldon Jewellers profile image60
    Weldon Jewellersposted 7 years ago

Ask the jeweller if they have a spare diamond on the bench, maybe a left-over one from a previous ring they made. It will work out much cheaper than sourcing a new replacement!!!

4. zob2zob profile image60
    zob2zobposted 7 years ago

Hi, thank you so much for that, I am so reluctant as the last time I had a diamond replaced it came back with the other diamond missing!!
    & this ring has apparently, 2 quality diamonds, not that I would know but am just hoping that repair will go without a hitch!! I was advised not to take it to a well known high street names, but at a loss now what to do with it.
    So does it matter as to where the diamond came from or the points that it has scored??
    & the ammount of carats it is or any of these things when it comes to replacing?
    As I love this ring, never seen or even knew an orange saphire exsisted before but boy its a beautiful ring, the jeweller who is local admires it everytime I go in but his prices are unrealistic and a mates repair got mixed up & someone else also had a problem, hence why I am after advice!!
    Don't suppose you have a spare on the bench?? LOL

working