jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your thoughts on how society shapes us?

1. Alexa Poesia profile image69
    Alexa Poesiaposted 6 years ago

What are your thoughts on how society shapes us?

I  truly believe society tries to  program us to feel, look and act certain ways at certain ages. Do you follow suit with these beliefs or march to your own beat?

2. raxit02 profile image61
    raxit02posted 6 years ago

Whatever our personal characters are today, that has been shaped up by our surroundings over the past years. For example, today Alex, 28, is a movie star. But, how he became a movie star? If we look back at the teenage days of his life, he used to frequently visit his maternal uncles house. One of his maternal uncle used to be a theater actor. Though that man could not prove his talent hence he remained known to Alex as a small-time actor. But, that man used to get Alex to his shows when Alex used to visit his place during the summer vacations. Later, Alex took interest into this, that unsuccessful maternal uncle introduced him to a very good acting school....Dear friend...I think the later story you can better guess.

On the contrary, Simon is serving a 10 years term for committing robbery in a gas station. Unfortunately, he used to live in a New Mexico slum and raised up in a locality where many of the boys are drug addicts, chain snatchers, and car-lifters. He too have nexus with the guys of these backgrounds...So what was the influencing factors behind his criminal activities? The society...directly.

Do you think that these two points sounds fine in response to your question?

3. Alexa Poesia profile image69
    Alexa Poesiaposted 6 years ago

Society can affect you, but u yourself make the decisions as to how to react to it.

4. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 6 years ago

I think society plays a huge role in who we are and the choices we make, whether good or bad.  It takes a strong person to go against the majority.

working