jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can pale skin be attractive or should I fake-tan-it?

1. SummerSurf profile image61
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Can pale skin be attractive or should I fake-tan-it?

I've white skin that doesn't tan.  Should I fake the tan or stay white and appreciate who I am?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

honestly some of the most attractive women i've ever met didn't tan. there is something clean and soft about pale skin that i find appealling. now if you watch tv, one would think that without a tan and blinding white teeth you can't be hot but it's so wrong.

3. SummerSurf profile image61
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Thanks nightwork...this is encouraging to see someone who disagrees with the image that the media portrays as being attractive.  Refreshing.

4. HERBCYCLOPEDIA profile image60
    HERBCYCLOPEDIAposted 6 years ago

People tends to get attracted for other things rather important than sun tan, as for example social skills. If you would like to attract others I'd advice you to concentrate on other more relevant items as keeping fit, weight control and general hygiene. Those ones combined with a good sense of humour and good social abilities will let you get what you are looking for wink

5. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I personally think pale skin is more attractive than tans -- but then, maybe that's just because I know what a tan does to long-term health, and I know what people can and often do ultimately end up looking like when they tan.

That said, pay no mind to the pale lady in the profile pic wink (I'm about as white as you can get -- couldn't tan if my life depended on it, and I hate using much of anything on my skin other than lotion).

6. R.S. Hutchinson profile image82
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

I met a girl one time who hated the sun and loved the fact that she had pale skin..  She was beautiful. Very annoying, but very beautiful.

7. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

Fake doesn't look good no matter what. Better pale than looking like snooki. Better to be natural looking and you know orange is not a natural skin colour. Embrace your natural beauty girl big_smile

working