jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the best deals to look for at a thrift store?

1. K9keystrokes profile image94
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What are the best deals to look for at a thrift store?

2. Rswilliams8 profile image61
    Rswilliams8posted 6 years ago

The best deals are definitely in the kitchen area of thrift stores. Plates, cups, appliances, decorations, vases, etc. That is where you are going to kind the best deals. Clothes are super cheap, but to actually find good clothes if going to take some searching. Furniture is actually pretty expensive. In fact, I was just at my local thrift store the other day and they were selling couches, entertainment centers, and dressers for over 200 dollars! People from the community dropped off their furniture for FREE and they are selling it for that much? Not ok. You are better off looking on craigslist for deals on furniture. Stick with the kitchen section smile Hope that helps!

3. nancynurse profile image78
    nancynurseposted 6 years ago

I like to look for stationary ,pens, things that don't look like they necessarily came from a thrift store. Also garden supply. Great area to find equipment like shovels, gloves. pottng soil., cute items to decorate your yard and fun flower pots.

4. shamani67 profile image59
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

My Husband and I regularly shop at thrift stores or op shops here in Australia. We find many bargain clothes, still brand new with tags on. Books are always excellent also. Really you can name just about anything and you will often find them in these excellent shops. We can spend many an hour rummaging through the treasure trove of items.
    Another good thing is that here in Australia these stores are run by charity to raise money. I regularly donate items to them. Its a great way to recycle old or new things that you no longer need or want. A great way to help the charity without actually handing over money and getting nothing in return.

working