jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is your opinion on facial hair?

1. Allen Williams profile image82
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

What is your opinion on facial hair?

Is it appealing, attractive, what length do you think is good or bad?  Look at mine for example, my wife loves the long beard but I know some people look down on me because of it.  I'm curious how it breaks down with a wider range of people.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5594232_f260.jpg

2. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

length wise - looks a bit too long for my liking, but would not look down on you if you walked past me... looking at some of the white/grey in the beard would automatically create respect for you in my mind. (is a religious thing i guess).

1. profile image60
      almorrposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sort of wished I could have had the same attitude towards beards as I had of body hair. I have never cut or trimmed any body hair off, however that did not apply to my face or head.  I believe I could have had a great beard by the time I was 18.

3. thebeast02 profile image86
    thebeast02posted 6 years ago

I'm intimidated by the long bear to be quite honest. If you walked past me, I would instantly think "biker." Not in a negative way, that's just what my mind couples that style beard with. My personal preference is stubble or only long on the chin like an extended goatee. My girlfriend likes the shorter beard and well kept goatee.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I love it! As for length, whatever can be maintained well. In your picture, your beard looks very well-kempt, and so it is what I would personally classify as attractive. My own husband keeps plenty of facial hair, but still clips it short -- he spent 33 years in medicine, and there's only so much hair you can easily tape up when it's time to scrub in smile. Of course, at the time the picture of him was taken in the hub linked below, he also had hair down to the middle of his back big_smile.

http://wychic.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Do-O … ive-Longer

I will say that yes, I'm definitely attracted to hairy men. As for people looking down on people because of it -- I know there are a few stereotypes that long beards and hair fit into, and many people might see them as being negative or inferior...I say some people just have an overriding need to find something negative in others so they never have to look at themselves tongue.

1. profile image60
      almorrposted 3 years agoin reply to this

generally men with hairy chests etc can easily grow a beard, I have experimented in growing a beard, but only for a fortnight at the most, my beard was coming on great, if I left it for 2 months it would be very thick, however, I shaved it off

working