jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My stylist says that I should try to get rid of my "brassy tones." What are "br

1. Heuchera profile image78
    Heucheraposted 6 years ago

My stylist says that I should try to get rid of my "brassy tones."  What are "brassy tones?"

I can't say that any part of my hair looks like brass, so what does she mean?

2. fancifulashley profile image77
    fancifulashleyposted 6 years ago

Brassy tones are colors in your hair, like copper colors, that can wash a person out depending on their skin tone and the rest of their hair color. It can also make the hair look unnatural if not done correctly, unless it is a natural color.

3. diydiva profile image82
    diydivaposted 6 years ago

fancifulashley pretty much covered it.  Go to a beauty store to find products that can help eliminate them. The store clerk can help you find them. smile  Also, adding some darker low lights can help fix the problem with blondes which is where the brassy tones usually occur.

4. alphagirl profile image81
    alphagirlposted 6 years ago

As a licensed stylist with over 18 years of experience, Brassy tones are the shades that reflect orange copper...It use to be no one liked brassy tones. From your photo above you look pretty blonde to me.
    A past trend was carmelizing hair with 3 shades...brownish, blonde and yellow gold.
    If you like the color and your friends thinks it is cool just leave it.
    I am surprised she did not suggest just putting a toner on you to take down what she saw as brassy. good luck!