jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Has anyone bought a wedding dress online?

1. Emma Harvey profile image89
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

Has anyone bought a wedding dress online?

I am getting married next summer and have started looking wedding dresses. Problem is, I've seen a gorgeous one online. I was just getting ideas, but really like it. They told me I can return it if it isn't right, but I really don't know if I'd be taking a huge risk if I ordered it. I a voice of experience!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5849284_f260.jpg

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

With the economy the way it is, here are some options      First get pic and price PROOF AND WHO IS SELLING IT

Take pic, price proof information to bridal shops near you.  Maybe they will beat the price or give you good discount.

Try going to the good thrift shops and formal rental places.  A co-worker got her wedding gown for 75 bucks.

A wedding gown almost always needs some alteratons. What is a gown with alterations going to cost if you buy from a local retailer?

If you order one online, then what it is going to cost if you need alterations done.  A bridal shop may do them free if buying from them, but to bring one in, they may charge a arm and a leg. 

Now what you can do, is to see if Online seller has a retailer nearby that sells the same gown.  Or, you can ask a local retailer if they will order the gown for you.

3. itsmonkeyboy profile image74
    itsmonkeyboyposted 6 years ago

I agree with LindaSmith1 in some respects. I really think you need to compare the online and the bricks and mortar businesses, not just for the price of the dress initially but from start to end, from the purchase to any potential alterations they may require.

Always good to get lots of points of view on here though, buying online can always be difficult, hopefully someone here may have some direct experience of this.

4. Hubpage Gal profile image61
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

It was published that a wedding dress is one item that should never be purchased online.  Most likely, it is the difficulty of getting the measurements correct when the designer could be in a different city.

5. emmanuellero profile image59
    emmanuelleroposted 6 years ago

Yes my best friend actually bough this dress online (http://alice-ilas.blogspot.com/view/classic?z) and she actually got it a few sizes bigger and got alterations done. It worked perfectly - she got it very cheap (and originally it was very expensive but it was used once) and she looked like a princess!

6. utsav-fashion profile image59
    utsav-fashionposted 5 years ago

One can try Utsav Fashion for online shopping for any type of clothes. This site has various design available for quick delivery at very competitive price.

7. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 4 years ago

I purchased both of my daughters wedding dresses online from David's Bridal. One daughter didn't need any alterations, the fit was perfection. My younger daughter needed slight alterations, and both were beautiful brides.

working