jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How much should you spend on a watch?

1. Man from Modesto profile image82
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

How much should you spend on a watch?

A watch is an important part of a man's image in business and social settings. Buying engagement rings has a standard- 3 months' wages. But how much should be spent on a wristwatch? I pondered this, and came up with: 10 times a business lunch for two.

2. johnwilliams33 profile image60
    johnwilliams33posted 6 years ago

Nice question. Some people have a specific desire to own Omega or Costly Rolex watches. I am sure they will be willing to shed about $1000-$1500 for such a watch. For me about $500 is just too fine.

3. wonderingwoolley profile image57
    wonderingwoolleyposted 6 years ago

I don't have a specific answer for you, dollar wise, because I don't know your budget. However, I do know that in the age of android phones and the technological like, the watch industry has taken a huge hit. Try a Citizen watch. They run about $250, but since it is the holiday season, you should be able to get one between $70-$100. They aren't a Rolex, but they are in the next tier. This shows that you know quality, without spending obscene amounts of money. They are really nice looking watches, you can even get a solar-powered one, which will run you about $100 dollars more, but then you'll never need a battery. Both my hubby and I own one, and we are constantly getting compliments, and appreciatively raised eyebrows when they realize we wear Citizen. Just an idea, good look watch-hunting!

4. lovetosharethis profile image58
    lovetosharethisposted 6 years ago

Should pick one of beautiful watches here for business man which has really BIG discounted price (70% off or more).
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GPOMU2/?tag=lotoshth-20

5. Man from Modesto profile image82
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

Here are the metrics that should be used in determining how much to spend on a watch:

http://hub.me/ac4Qm

working