jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are there any makeups/cosmetics that are free of chemicals?

1. rmcrayne profile image97
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Are there any makeups/cosmetics that are free of chemicals?

Can you wear makeup foundation, eye shadow, etc, without increasing the toxic load on your body?  Are there any completely natural options?

2. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

bare minerals cosmetics are a good option.  They just come as pure mineral powders without any additives, fragrances, oils, or binders.  I get pimples if I use regular makeup, and the mineral powders have a much better finish.  The only downside is the price.

3. brielise profile image59
    brieliseposted 6 years ago

Bare Minerals is definitely natural, and I think Physician's Formula as well. Salma Hayek just came out with a new line for CVS which is a little more budget friendly. I'm not sure if it's completely natural but I know she draws from her heritage. She uses knowledge passed down from her grandmother for natural beauty tricks. I've only tried the eye-liner so far but I absolutely love it - it's very creamy and easy to use, but doesn't smudge.

From the foundation product details:
    "Flawless coverage. Skin Adapting Technology balances tone, allowing your skin's natural pigments to show through. Mineral Clays firm and revitalize, giving skin a healthy glow. Rice powder absorbs oil to prevent shine. Vitamins C & E condition and protect skin. Noncomedogenic; hypoallergenic; dermatologist tested; fragrance free; paraben free; not tested on animals."

The promotional write-up:
    http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/promoContent/ … ingId=1393

4. lovingjzrw profile image60
    lovingjzrwposted 6 years ago

Nicole Miller's are tosic free I believe.

5. georgiecarlos profile image59
    georgiecarlosposted 6 years ago

There are a lot of cosmetics that are made of natural ingredients these days. Some examples are the Body Shop, Bare Minerals, and many more. In Asia (where I am from) we have a lot of brands that are doing the "natural" way such as face shop, skin food, and human heart nature (which I think delivers to the United States). I also made a short hub about it in case you are interested

http://georgiecarlos.hubpages.com/hub/O … -Cosmetics

I hope this helps!