jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What are some natural cleaning agents I can use to clean the tub and toilet?

1. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 3 years ago

What are some natural cleaning agents I can use to clean the tub and toilet?

I find that using harsh chemicals burns my eyes and has a terrible smell. What are some natural cleaning agents that would help to clean my tub and toilet without having the harsh chemical effect, yet having the same cleaning power as those chemicals?  Also, are they expensive?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Vinegar is a common cleaning solution (they used it for a lot of cleaning before cleaning products were invented). It can be cut with water and/or dish soap, then sprayed onto hard surfaces. I don't remember the exact mixture, but it works fairly well.

1. rlaha profile image71
      rlahaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I will ask Google for the proportions. smile

3. C L Mitchell profile image93
    C L Mitchellposted 2 years ago

Yes vinegar is a good one. Some other options are Hydrogen peroxide - marketed in many household cleaning products as "oxygen bleach" is a really versatile cleaner. Its used at 3% dilution. It's also safe for the environment because it just breaks down into oxygen and water. Its kills mold and bacteria and also removes limescale. If you have hard water stains, citric acid is another good one.

1. rlaha profile image71
      rlahaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you CL Mitchell!

working