jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people have a problem with African Americans who dye their hair blonde?

1. Meganekko profile image59
    Meganekkoposted 6 years ago

Why do people have a problem with African Americans who dye their hair blonde?

It's not just Cauasians but African Americans too that complain about other African Americans who dye their hair blonde.

2. profile image0
    SmartyPensposted 6 years ago

I have never had the nerve to dye my hair blonde, so I think it looks cool and very bold. As for why people have a problem, it seems that people pick on anything that is different from themselves any chance they get.

3. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 6 years ago

I have never heard anyone complain about AAs dying their haird blonde. If there are people who complain about that, I guess it's because they're are grouchy, gripey people who have nothing better to do than to compain about something that does not concern them at all. I think we all know that type of chronic complainer!

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

Some African Americans feel that dying one's hair blonde is conceding to the Euro-centric standard of beauty.  They feel that women who relax their hair and dye it blonde are not proud of their textured dark hair.

Of course, it's arrogant to assume people's reasons for changing their appearance is because they don't like themselves.  Some just want to try something different or try to stand out more.

5. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

I don't share the same opinion but I'm guessing it's because it looks unnatural. Sometimes I wonder why people pick on others, instead of minding their own business but there's just trends or looks that can0t go unnoticed. It's not something to hate on or complain about but some people might find it interesting to talk about.

working