jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do I wear a veil or not on my wedding day?

1. Emma Harvey profile image91
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

Do I wear a veil or not on my wedding day?

Decisions, decisions.. I was just going to opt for a tiara but I tried on a lovely voile veil with sparkly sequins on it. I don't know if it is too much (it's a registry office wedding) although the dress I have chosen is quite big. Is is old fashioned or feminine?

2. silkveil profile image60
    silkveilposted 6 years ago

To wear or not to wear? This is very much personal choice.

I always feel a bridal veil completes the look of the outfit. You can put on the simplest white or ivory dress but once you put on the veil it transforms into a bridal outfit.
    If you think you might decide to wear a veil try a few on so that you get used to the feel of wearing it. After all, it's a bit strange and not something you wear every day.
    You might like to have a look at my picture gallery to get a few more ideas.
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/46349270 … s?h=5dd0ae

I'm sure whatever you decide, you will look stunning.

3. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

You could do both.  If the tiara can be worn underneath the veil, you could wear the veil on top - this would cover your face when you walk down the aisle, then when the veil is pushed back off your face after the ceremony the tiara will be more clearly visible.  If you are having a reception afterward, even a small one, then you can opt to remove the veil entirely in between the wedding and reception.  This is what lots of brides are doing these days (at least in the US) - that way you can best show off your hairdo, or tiara, or whatever is under your veil. 

About your concerns: if you are wearing a traditional style of wedding dress (which it sounds like you are) then a veil and a tiara would not be 'too much' for a registry office wedding.  It is your wedding day, it is special, and you should do it how you want to.  Besides, it may 'complete' the overall look (not just for you, but from the point of the groom and witnesses too).  However, that is not to say that you absolutely need to wear a veil - it is really a personal decision.  Go with what you think looks best for you (& what the groom will like) - you have so many options whether you do veil only, tiara only, tiara + veil, keeping veil on all the time vs off at the reception - and they are all GOOD options so don't worry.  Just pick what you like best and enjoy this exciting time of your life!

4. Jyoti Patil profile image67
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

Well first things first! congratulations!!  Looking at your face structure, I would suggest you to wear a veil. If you really want to wear the tiara, make sure the tiara is small and the veil big. It will look good on you. Like in the image.

5. emmanuellero profile image61
    emmanuelleroposted 5 years ago

I would wear a veil during the ceremony and part of the photo shoot and then switch to a cute flower headpiece or some adorable accessory. But definitely wear a veil!