What should older women never wear?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 62 discussions (106 posts)
  1. elayne001 profile image80
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

As I get older (grandmother), I am aware that some of my clothes are outdated and do not look age appropriate for me. I still like to look fashionable, but do not want to put people off by wearing things that look like I am trying to turn back the years too far. What do you think?

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image61
      6hotfingers3posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This s a great question. I would never wear thong undies. I see younger girls thong undies showing above their jeans and it is not attractive at all. They are the undies that will show no matter what you wear. Not for older women.

I would not wear push-up bras. I want people to talk to me and not to my boobs. Push-up bras confuses men. They can't see your face.

2. Ivorwen profile image64
      Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Short shorts.  I don't care how thin you are.

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think older women should never wear what someone else tells them is appropriate. You should wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing.

1. SuperCC profile image60
        SuperCCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow yes thats a really great reply!

2. Flightkeeper profile image68
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well I think observers should get some input.  Or at least a warning if a lady of magnificent age and bulk wears a cropped tee that bares a magnificent midriff that overhangs her daisy duke shorts.  We do have to see her you know wink

1. profile image0
          DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahahahaha!! The woman who lives across the street from me is about 65. She is probably five foot, five. And maybe....250 pounds. She is frequently seen, by me, in a bright pink tube top. Of course its not a sight I enjoy, but hey, she raised 5 kids, worked hard all her life, and wants to wear a tube top. I say good for her, not caring what a bunch of strangers think.

A courtesy "tube top day" warning would be nice tho.

4. profile image0
      jca197493@yahoo.cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am all about wearing age appropriate clothing.I am 35 and work hard to stay fit. I can honestly say that bootie shorts are not in my wardrobe!I wear what I feel makes me feel beautiful and confident.I do not like the look of spillage,this is when a woman wears clothing two sizes small. Not cool. You have to know what is good on YOUR shape.

5. cocoa26 profile image61
      cocoa26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think older women should stop wearing lingerie tops with jeans which isn't cute. And also belly shirts....well maybe this is for all ages if your not working out and looking flabby around the mid-section. lol

6. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

forget about disco!

7. profile image52
      lilyrenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Everyone has the right to pursue fashion and beauty.Old man is not an exception.However you just need to consider which style is really appropriate for your own body shape.I have seen some old women are trying to learn how to style synthetic wig from http://www.hairwigsall.com/categories/Synthetic-Wigs/ because they suffer from hair loss and want to cover it.

8. profile image52
      AshleyDMoshreposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think, older women's shouldn't wear this bootcut skinny jeans that trending nowadays. http://www.fzillion.com/women/women-s-c … jeans.html

9. profile image0
      Diana Abrahamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The thing that I will not wear is a pair of  jeans with holes all over them. Just would feel totally uncomfortable in them.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

An attitude of resignation.

2. profile image0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 13 years ago

I am feeling your pain. I no longer wear bib shorts, shiny black high-top boots, short-short skirts, really tight blouses, halter tops (not in public). However, I haven't made it to polyester either. I don't show cleavage in public. I still like bright colors.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As long as you have something still left that you can call a figure, you probably can wear fashionable clothes without looking ridiculous. Though when I see a women 60+ dressed in pink all over... Well, in my opinion, if you are older, you better wear more conservative and  - well- more expensive, more tailored clothes if you can. Old jeans and faded t-shirt are not going to work. You have to spend more time in front of your mirror if your want to look nice. Just nice. What else can you ask for?

1. travelespresso profile image68
        travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why should you no longer wear bright clothes?  If they suited you when you were younger, why change as you age?  Sorry, but that just doesn't make sense to me. smile

2. profile image49
        jrjozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with travelespresso 100%.  I don't view color.. bright, pastel or otherwise as a prerequisite to/of any age.  I'm  5' 4" tall, I fluctuate in weight from107 - 115lbs. and  wear sizes 0 - 1, X-Small and Small, 34DD with no drooping/sagging whatsoever, and abs and thighs that look better than most teenage girls. I can also wear anywhere from 10 n- 12 in little girls sizes and bikinis, thongs and spandex/cotton blends are quite wearable for me.  I'm not overly thin, just small framed.  As a Florida native, I have a great tan and waist length blonde hair with multiple, natural, highlights and lowlights, which means I need color, with red as my favorite.  However, I do still wear bright and/or pastel, pink Tee shirts (and many other colors, with the exception neons) with blue jeans and accessorize with matching pink, stillettos, purses and belts.  My eyes vary in color from blue to green to grey. The only make-up I  wear is mascara and lipcolor, if I go out at night, I add eyeliner.  I am constantly refusing men, who ask me out, aged anywhere from mid - twenties to about mid - fifties because I married the man I will spend the rest of my life with when I was 27 yrs. old, that was 24 yrs. ago.  I'm now 50 yrs. old, most people believe I'm in my late 20's to early 30's.  If I do half as well as my mother has, she's 75 and has lung cancer, I won't look more than 50 when I'm 80. I love being a woman and being able to accentuate that fact, naturally, using clothing as my only tool.  Who says your face has to be your artist's palette?  Why, would I stop wearing color now?  Or spiky stilletto heels or mini skirts?

P.S.  I also have two children, three grandkids, I fish, go scalloping, lobster diving and dress in full camos while deer hunting every year, am President w/90% stock ownership and qualifying agent of a corporation and am state certified/licensed as a Fl. state contractor.  Who could ask for anything more?

2. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha! This sounds like me!

3. emmlouise profile image60
      emmlouiseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Dear!!!

This is where you ladies are unlucky.  As a crossdresser I can wear what I like.  In my mid-fifties I can still wear short skirts on my nicely shaped legs or classic clothes generally acknowledged as being, "more suitable".  Fortunately, although I am alone and lonely, I can at least please myself about clothing rather than worry about convention

3. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

Clothing.

Wait I did it wrong.

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I am older, and wear jeans and T-shirts, and no longer have the figure for it, but hey? Who gives a f* !
    Does it matter? Yeah it would be lovely to wear expensive well-cut clothes but it's not going to happen because I'm never going to be able to afford it, so why worry!

5. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Thong bikinis.

6. raisingme profile image76
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

Spandex!!!!

Seriously, I have considered this too and find it a difficult dilemma as I have a very small frame it has always been difficult for me to "dress my age".  When I was younger I couldn't dress old enough and now I still can't dress my age.  My test for age appropriate is when I offer to lend something to one of my to daughters and they turn up their noses and tell me it's too old for them - then I know I'm on the right track.

1. nlowman profile image60
      nlowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Spandex should be illegal for all ages.

1. Ivorwen profile image64
        Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Precisely!

1. Milla Mahno profile image61
          Milla Mahnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This spandex is cute though big_smile

http://www.mtbshorts.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/Spandex.jpg

7. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

I'm nearly 50 and frankly I'm never giving up my six inch heels.  I only wear black, grey or white, but that's my choice.  Colour makes me feel ill. Izzy is absolutely right - you shouldn't care a f...!  If you havve the confidence to wear something and it makes you feel good then that's all that counts.  I have designer clothes and cheap high street and I used to make my own.  I mix things up and I look different and you know I love it.

8. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

ATC UK thinks just the same as you ! wink

9. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

Well I think a lady will do whatever she wants regardless of style and still wear the wide brim purple hat and not have a care in the world, I guess she figures she's earned the right to wear whatever she darn well pleases as she ages:0))))

10. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Never wear your heart on your sleeve, or tie dye.

11. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 13 years ago

I say wear what makes you feel happy, and comfortable. Show cleavage, or don't--wear bright colors or heels. Wear flats. Whatever your age.

I really admire the women in their 60s at my gym who come in, in there spandex pants and T-shirts. The fact they are exercising as much as they do, and shameless, I don't know...doesn't turn me off, but is admirable.

12. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Heck, I really don't care. I wear tie-dye shirts all the time, in public. I like flare leg, boot cut jeans. I love fringe....I have a fringe purse & deerskin fringe jacket.  Bright colors are welcome! Those low-ride jeans can be tricky.  They go just under the tummy bulge & you can see the bump. That can get gross looking with a tight shirt.  I find it a little weird wearing a shirt you can see through. Completely...no way would I be caught wearing a see-through shirt. Lots of em out there.  Then there's those oh-so-plunging necklines.  No no....honey, not for me. I don't feel like wearing push-ups in my bra to make em look fuller. I like an 'A' just fine.  I will never wear NO HOSE with a short evening dress. For you younger chicks, that's fine, you got air brushed tan legs.  We old chickens have too many spider veins mapping our legs, especially on the upper thighs. I'd consider 'no hose' with a knee length dress maybe.

Yeah, yeah. I'm the old chicken on the block. What never gets too old: A solid blazer, khakis & a button-up shirt.

1. profile image49
      jrjozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awww, donotfear (and other women), you worry about such trivial things as a little tummy pooch and spider veins, what strikes me as more than a little funny about this, is that I see and notice more teen girls who have ugly, thite and or purple, awful stretch marks on their upper arm, abs, thighs and calves (probably on their butts, too!).  you know, when I was a teen, any amount of 'fat' was considered way too much!  Very taboo!young girls who were overweight were the minority, not the majority, more often than not, they were outcasts.We (myself and most teen girls I knew), were very active.  We weren't of this new breed of computer aged young wmen who are content to be extremely, lazy, couch potatoes, cntent to waste their time indoors, sitting on their bums, always eating, ever so steadily gaining oz. by oz.  Funny thing about that, ounces, eventually become pounds.  There was a time when I worried that I should not (not that I could not) wear certain items of clothing because I was under the impression that I shouldn't wear these items due to my age.  However, I was forced to change this mindset, because if I wear misses or women's clothing, they hang so loosely on me, that I very closely resemble the appearance of a bag lady, minus the shopping cart.  So...my grown-up look became junior's wear - all that you and most women of my age steer clear of. 

You seem quite content with khaki, that's fine, not an issue on my part.  What I do take issue with, is your love (?) of button down shirts/blouses - I can only pull this off in the bedroom! - otherwise the few buttons that close at the bustline, gape openas if I hadn't bothered to button them at all.  See through blouses or Tees, don't bother me unless they are skin bearing lace, plunging necklines or spaghetti strapped tanks?  No problem.

Hmm, I'm not opposed to fringe or suede, I wear neither, even on my biker leathers - although, a few laces look nice here or there and you betcha', I will and do still wear tye dye Tee shirts and or dresses/skirts!

IMO, I believe it comes down to 'loving the skin you're in'.  I really wish women of ALL ages would face their respective, private, inner demons and just wear what you want, because in all reality, being comfortable is a BIG part of your appearance...and your appearance, of course, plays a major role in how you feel about yourself, which in turn, plays a major role in your appearance...oh, wait!  I already mentioned the latter, didn't I?  It's a vicious cycle.  Time to come to terms with who we are, ladies!

13. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

you should never ever wear a tight perm ugh, they are horrible at any age....

14. Glimmer515 profile image60
    Glimmer515posted 13 years ago

nothing from the 80's!!! No low rise jeans and no super low cut shirts!

15. jondav profile image69
    jondavposted 13 years ago

lol @ Len

I would advise ageing women not to wear the following:

jockstraps
    leotards
    baseball caps
    thongs
    too much makeup

16. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Who cares what other people think about what you wear... Wear what makes you happy...

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely!  You are 100% right on kmackey32!  We should all wear what makes us happy, even if that's nothing at all.

Doesn't matter what you wear at any age, there will always be some busybody or know-it-all out there who will have something to say about it so you might as well do what you want right out of the gate.

1. oscillationatend profile image60
        oscillationatendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_BRMr2D3unLI/TCOOCSzyJ8I/AAAAAAAAAQo/MwAS1ARbhFw/s400/wha.jpg

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention:

http://www.fatlossbyeatingwhatuwant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/muffin-top11.jpg

1. oscillationatend profile image60
            oscillationatendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

EGADS!

DO NOT WANT!

CAN'T UNSEE!

Thank bob I've a Unicorn Chaser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPPvDrR1

*drinks*

Now, what was I worried about?

*looks up*

OH GOD!

DO NOT WANT....

1. profile image0
              EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

::looks sheepish::

Sorry. *Cough*  lol

2. profile image0

Don't tell me this lady should wear whatever she wants! And she has to loose a lot right away. It's gross.

3. couturepopcafe profile image60
            couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Muffin top?  I think it's the whole muffin.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
              paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Loose clothing was invented for a reason… smile

2. profile image0

And this pink grandma is just ridiculous. But she is probably too old to see the difference. At 50 you still can wear pretty much whatever you want if you are not grossly overweight.

17. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

It depends on your shape, if your in shape or not, I'm into fitness and am in better shape than many kids I know... Just saying if you feel good in your body you feel good in your clothes. 

Wear what you feel GOOD in!  smile wink

1. luvpassion profile image61
      luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree; however the constant coloring of hair isn't good, this is why so many elderlyn women's hair appears to have a blue tint.

1. katiem2 profile image60
        katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen, the natural grey or white is best... good point smile

18. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

photo ID that lists their age

19. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Clothes....ding dong!

20. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Women who are over the age of 70 should never wear 4" heels. lol

21. profile image51
    jayakolposted 13 years ago

Hmmm..my only advice is age is in the mind. So wear what you feel like but at the same time use your wisdom related to age to find out wjat suits you. Best of luck!!smile

22. Karen N profile image71
    Karen Nposted 13 years ago

I would say that you should wear whatever makes you happy.

23. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple

with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired

and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

and run my stick along the public railings

and make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

and pick the flowers in other people's gardens

and learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

and eat three pounds of sausages at a go

or only bread and pickles for a week

and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

and pay our rent and not swear in the street

and set a good example for the children.

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

By Jenny Joseph

24. mega1 profile image81
    mega1posted 13 years ago

individual fashion choices should just remain subjective - do what you want and what you think looks good - letting society make the choices for you is absurd!  You know what you look good in!  Make sure you have a full length mirror and let it tell you what you should or shouldn't wear.

25. waynet profile image68

Those skin tight leggings, especially if they feel comfortable as they tend to always wear them even on nights out and do I cringe...why yes I do, especially if they has been eating pies and have a touch of the cellulite infestations!!

26. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Daisy Dukes

1. vocalcoach profile image93
      vocalcoachposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Heavy makeup is a no no - especially dark red lipstick.  Mini skirts should not be worn unless leggings are used, but leggings can be rediculous as well.  Low cut blouses are in bad taste. I think a classic, comfortable style works for most older women and jeans work for everyone - but be ware of "muffin top".

27. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

hanging blouse where the navel is showing and micro mini plus low waisted pants with belts buckles etc, hehe

Just kidding, they can wear anything as long as their grandchildren approved of it and they smile when they are with them...

28. waynet profile image68

Some older women shouldn't wear clothes, but some need to!! big_smile

29. miss_jkim profile image73
    miss_jkimposted 13 years ago

Mini Skirts and Go Go Boots. Please, for the love of god, grow old gracefully!

30. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

they should never strap on the husband of another woman...

just not classy

31. Sweetsusieg profile image75
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

Gee, fashion for someone age appropriate... Grandma style??  Hmmm, for me I just hope to find an un-stained shirt..  Since my girls all borrow my clothes then return them when they are stained.  Hmmm, ya know I think I'm in the wrong forum..

32. emmlouise profile image60
    emmlouiseposted 13 years ago

As a cross-dresser, age is not really relevant.  I know that whatever I wear probably looks daft so I choose clothes I like and feel good and my shoes all have between 3" and 4" heels

33. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

Must confess, I've never liked long hair on ladies of a certain age.  It ages them -- unless they have perfect features.  Cher is someone who gets by with it.

If they have the rare colorist who can make their hair appear natural with color, go for it! (if you've got the $$ to support your habit).  Most of us, in my opinion, look better with gray, white, silver hair -- whatever nature affords us!

Also, older women shouldn't wear matched suits or outdated eyeglasses.

34. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

I don't think there is anything "older woman" shouldn't wear.  Besides what is 'older' woman.  It's all subjective.  Some people have the ability to wear almost anything, because they have absolute assurance about the way they look and carry it off.  That can happen at any age. Jane Fonda recently was criticised in the press when she wore torn jeans.  So who said torn jeans are for the young?  They weren't may taste - but I just thought she looked fab.  She was wearing what she wanted to wear - good for her.  So should we all.  I wear 6 inch wedge shoes and I'm nearly fifty, I wear very quirky clothes and I look great.  I get lots of compliments - but if I didn't and someone wants to call me a mad older woman - fine.  I shall be wearing those shoes until they carry me out in a coffin.

35. yenajeon profile image69
    yenajeonposted 13 years ago

I say go for a stylish, appropriate and classy look. Stick with gorgeous pieces that have good tailoring.

Things to avoid:
    mini-skirts, shorts, glitter trends, see-through anything

Things to embrace:
    lace, floral, structured dresses, slimming slacks, knee-length skirts, cashmere!

36. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Wear what you like, when you like it and tell the fashion police to go jump in the lake.  You only live once, enjoy!   After all, 100 years from now, no one will care.

37. profile image54
    traderstoneposted 13 years ago

Wear what make you feel comfortable , wear the style that you like, it will be OK.

38. FashionFame profile image57
    FashionFameposted 13 years ago

just go for that which you think you can carry off well. But just to mention, don't go for weird headgears, short shorts or skirts and cut out dresses.

39. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

MOM JEANS!!!

40. EatLovePray profile image60
    EatLovePrayposted 13 years ago

Shimmer eyeshadow, as it gets in the folds of the wrinkles..and defines them! Rather than making them look younger, it makes them look older! I read this yesterday in a book.. big_smile

41. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

Anything dark especially blue has an aging effect.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image60
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am now replacing my wardrobe with light colours

pink?

42. Karen N profile image71
    Karen Nposted 13 years ago

They should never wear Daisy Dukes.  smile

43. Fashion Lover profile image61
    Fashion Loverposted 13 years ago

No shorts! Older women should wear tailored pants and nicely fitted but comfortable and chic sweaters from JCrew and classic dresses from Michael Kors.

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that a bit boring?
      I know a lot of very chic older women. Some of them are 70 or more, have great figures, are perfectly styled, and can still wear whatever they like.
      I don't think any of this has anything to do with age, but with how well maintained - a 25-year-old with cellulite looks terrible in shorts or a mini skirt.

44. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

A much younger man.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I disagree wink

45. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 13 years ago

Shirts and shorts shorter than right above the knee, mid- thigh at the shortest, leggings, skinny jeans with Ugg boots, & big floral monstrosities should never be worn outside of the house.  Oh and anything from the Juniors department, even if you can fit into it.

46. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

20 year old guys!

47. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

All I know is that I'm too old to be disrespected.  With age should come the wisdom of modesty. I just want to be comfortable but yes, still want to be somewhat fashionable as designated by my own style.  Problem:  those d**mn hot flashes.

48. pylos26 profile image71
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Lose that BLUE hairdo.

49. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I see a whole lot of young women walking around in clothes they really shouldn't be wearing either, at least if someone gives a rat's bottom what she looks like...     I don't think, for the most part, what someone wears is about age.  It's about wearing something that makes them (and their shape) look best.  (Maybe a super-mini skirt looks kind of stupid on someone who looks over a certain age - and all pink tutus are out for anyone over four.  Other than that, I think it depends on a person's shape, not age.  I see a lot of young girls who make themselves look 40 by showing flaws that would be better left hidden.  Basically, women ought to let the mirror be their guide.  If their head looks too much in contrast to whatever outfit it's sitting on top of, find something that doesn't make the head look so much in contrast.  lol

50. waynet profile image68

Clothes!!!! Particularly if they are an attractive older woman....lets have an ogle at em! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)