Why I lose so much hair when I use shampoo?

1. livingpah2004 profile image77
    livingpah2004posted 6 years ago

Why I lose so much hair when I use shampoo?

Can some one please explain?

2. BeautifulNatural profile image62
    BeautifulNaturalposted 6 years ago

Hi Livingpah2004!
    I am not a nutritionist or trichologist, but I have been doing hair for various ethnicities for over 10 years now.

If you are losing more than the average or "normal" amount of hair from shedding which is up to 100 strands a day, than there is nothing to be concerned about, however, if you are losing a lot of hair when shampooing you may want to check the shampoo you are using.

For instance, sulfates: laurel/laureth sulfates and parabens: propylparaben, methylparaben, and overly acidic shampoos can cause dryness which leads to breakage and split ends. If they hair splits up the shaft it will cause shedding.

Look for shampoos that are sulfate and paraben free. Also, look for pH balanced shampoos with moisturizing properties, such as vitmain e, organic sea kelp, aloe, etc. A good shampoo is essential for nourishing the hair shaft and helping to smooth the hair cuticle. If you find your shampoo is not the cause of your hair loss, please visit your primary care physician to find out if you are deficient of zinc, omega fatty acids, vitamin c or other vital vitamins required to keep you healthy from the inside out.
    Be Well!

3. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

Talk this over with your doctor and ask them to check you blood / vitamin and protein levels.  My daughter has that issue from time to time because of a digestive issue that doesn't allow her system to properly digest which causes low counts on most vitamin and protein levels.  Good Luck!