jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you keep thick hair from poofing up?

1. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

How do you keep thick hair from poofing up?

What can be done to thick hair to make it look good with out pulling in back? Mine always seems to poof out or up like a troll.

2. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

My hair is almost that bad! Too funny! I have to curl it to go straight literally and then I apply a product by Pantene called Smooth. Then I have to use a teasing comb for the back of my head because I have so many cowllicks in the back of my head.

Most days, I opt for the simple way out - simply pulling it back.

3. jaswinder64 profile image61
    jaswinder64posted 5 years ago

We can  keep  our thick hair from poofing up?

By changing the look of our  curls, trim our  hair regularly and moisturize with conditioner as often as necessary. We  have to switch our brand of conditioner to a type with better moisturizing agents, and use a silicon-based shampoo that helps minimize frizz.

We can use hair oil too according to the type of our hair.

4. anglnwu profile image91
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

I have have that problem when I go back to Asia. With the high humidity, my hair poofs out and it looks like a giant beehive. I've tried a couple of anti-frizz hair products but none of them produces satisfactory results. The one thing that I've done that I'm really happy about--I rebonded my hair--it becomes naturally straight and sleek, no hair products needed. The process takes about 3 to 4 hours and the result can last anywhere from 4 to 6 months.  Check it out if you're interested:

http://anglnwu.hubpages.com/hub/Rebondi … eable-Hair

5. vechiclereg profile image53
    vechicleregposted 5 years ago

Try a brazilian blow dry, it uses conditioners and straightners to smooth the texture and take out volume, takes a couple of hours in a salon,go to a good one, its worth it and lasts 6 to 8 weeks, or more drastic is chemical straightning useing perming solution while combing the hair straight, lasts longer and grows out but more damaging chemically,