jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you feel like a different person depending on the choice of your attire?

1. KeithJK profile image59
    KeithJKposted 6 years ago

Do you feel like a different person depending on the choice of your attire?

2. Cathyrin profile image53
    Cathyrinposted 6 years ago

Absolutely yes. I guess, what we dress and don have the ability to change our outlook as well as our confidence. smile

3. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 6 years ago

No, I don't. What I am is inside of me, not what I drape over me.

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I might feel differently when dressed up, not necessarily a change of character. When I am in jeans and a T I feel comfortable and relaxed, again not a change of who I am.

5. Michele Travis profile image70
    Michele Travisposted 6 years ago

No, not a different person.  I just feel like I am having fun when I dress up, or like close to the earth when in the garden or riding horses and taking care of them.  Close to God when praying.  Things like that.

6. rfmoran profile image88
    rfmoranposted 6 years ago

I hate to admit it but I do. Even when i'm working at my home office desk all day I don't dress like a slob -- casual but not sloppy --because if I dress like a slob I feel like a slob.

7. tillsontitan profile image86
    tillsontitanposted 6 years ago

I don't know if I'd say a different person, but definitely different.  If I'm wearing jeans and a sweatshirt I feel comfortable and not necessarily ready to face the world.  If I'm dressed up with makeup and all that, I'm ready to face the world and feel good about how I look.

8. annart profile image87
    annartposted 5 years ago

Good question.  Definitely.  It affects my mood, be it dressed down for relaxation or dressed up for parties and enjoying the company of friends & family when celebrating.

I don't think it's a matter of dressing to impress.  For me, it works especially if I'm feeling down; a bit of make-up, a favourite outfit and I'm ready to face the world!

working