jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's the best way to whiten my teeth?

1. DowntroddenInDC profile image84
    DowntroddenInDCposted 6 years ago

What's the best way to whiten my teeth?

I use whitening tooth paste and brush several times a day. I've been cutting back on dark drinks (soda and coffee) and I am trying really hard to stop smoking. What else can I do, without going to the dentist, to get my teeth whiter?

2. Niket Chaurasia profile image60
    Niket Chaurasiaposted 6 years ago

I think there are teeth whiteners available in the market containing Peroxides which acts as a bleaching agents. They are considered to be safe.

3. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Oh I know the answer to this.  (raising hand) Pick me.  Pick me.  lol

I just paid $2800 on dental bills for my daughter.  Her front teeth were a little crooked, and I couldn't afford braces for her when she was younger.  Anyway, to make a long story short, I wanted her teeth whitened as well.  The receptionist said that the dentist was not the one who did the bleaching, the dental hygienist did and we had to make another appointment for that.  I asked how much it would cost, she said if I wanted it done same day, it would cost $600.  If done in two visits, $400.  I said forget it.. that's too much money.

You know what she said?  Actually she whispered... The whitening strips you buy at drugstore work as well.   Crest Whitening strips has great reviews and it works.  One box of strips is about $40, good for two weeks.  My daughter's teeth were two shades whiter after two weeks.  Amazing!

4. Naturally Luxe profile image60
    Naturally Luxeposted 5 years ago

I really like Eco Dent Extra Brite whitener. It's an all natural alternative to traditional methods. It's only around $7 too and lasts for months.

working