What are some makeup tips for women with paper-white skin who want to stay that

1. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

What are some makeup tips for women with paper-white skin who want to stay that way?

I go straight from Snow White to Cancer Red in a heartbeat, so I live under sunscreen and hats and umbrellas all the time in the summer. However, my face is so light that I can't find makeup light enough to look natural and still do the job--I just come out looking muddy. I'm looking for a foundation and a pressed powder product that are super-light, ideally with SPF, too. Help!

2. SilkThimble profile image76
    SilkThimbleposted 5 years ago

It might be a matter of finding the right brand. It's more expensive, but I'm a fan of MAC brand. It's used a lot by professional makeup artists and so has a huge range of colors. I know some of their foundations also have SPF (it's something I look for, too - I don't burn as easily as you, but close!). You probably also need to go with a sheer coverage product to keep a natural look.

Tinted moisturizer might be another option - it tends to have a sheer effect - but it might not come in enough shades to be useful for you.

3. LilaDaley profile image63
    LilaDaleyposted 5 years ago

I am the same way!  I am either paper white or lobster red.  I get sunburned on cloudy day, in the shade, under an umbrella wearing SPF 60.  It's awful.

I am fair with pink under tones and all the foundations I have tried are too yellow.  I love being pink and not yellow or neutral.  What I finally found was Vasanti in V0.  It is very fair with pink undertones.  It matches my skin tone perfectly.

I have tried MAC and the girl matched me to a yellow shade BUT they have that shade in both pink undertones, neutral and yellow undertones.

If you can't find Vasanti then try MAC but don't purchase until going outside and checking it in natural lighting to be sure they matched you correctly.

working