jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are salon shampoos and conditioners that much better than regular store bought?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Are salon shampoos and conditioners that much better than regular store bought?

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 5 years ago

In my humble opinion, absolutely not.  The two best shampoos I have ever found and the only shampoos I will use are from Burt's Bees and Jasons.  Both shampoos are natural and leave my hair clean, shiny and healthy.  Since they are made with natural ingredients, I don't have to worry about absorping any chemicals through the pores in my scalp.  Don't waste your money on salon shampoos and conditioners, buy either Burt's Bees or Jasons - you'll be delighted with the results.

1. nmdonders profile image84
      nmdondersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've heard a lot about the Burt's Bees line of products and have friends that use them. Never heard of Jasons. Thanks for the info.

3. landscapeartist profile image76
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

I used to use just the salon shampoos and conditioners and I would have say the same thing as pippap.  They are not any better than store bought shampoos and conditioners.  Even my current hairdresser said there is not any difference...except the price of course.
    I am going to look for burts bees products.  I know they are good but until now, I had no idea that they made shampoos and conditioners too.

4. Olivia Stout profile image59
    Olivia Stoutposted 5 years ago

Salon shampoos and conditioners are alot better than regular store bought ones. Why?
    Because regular store bought shampoos are highly diluted in water. You have to pump alot of shampoo and conditioner to lather your hair properly and even if you do shampoo your hair accurately it makes your scalp very dry.
    Salon shampoos are highly concentrated so you would only need to use a little bit of shampoo to lather your hair. Of course salon shampoos are more expensive but they are worth it. you would spend $3-$6 on your regular shampoo opposed to $15 on a salon but if you think about it your going to be buying your store bought shampoo ALOT more frequently then you would with salon shampoos.
    The quesetion is do you feel like your worth it?