jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are the best shampoos and conditioners to tame and make long, thick hair lo

1. Hannahr profile image75
    Hannahrposted 5 years ago

What are the best shampoos and conditioners to tame and make long, thick hair look beautiful?

My hair is very unruly and I do not like putting a lot of product in it. So I would like the shampoo and the conditioner to do the trick.

2. smiileyfacexo profile image80
    smiileyfacexoposted 5 years ago

Many shampoos contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate which is not good for our hair. It is too harsh for our scalp which strips out our natural hair oils  I recommend Sulfate free shampoos and conditioners such as the Macadamia brand. Don't forget to try their hair masks which is a great product too.

To maintain healthy hair, you can use organic argan oil (which is what I use) or extra virgin coconut oil for your ends on towel dried hair. These oils will leave your hair soft and shiny. You can also massage it on your roots to stimulate hair growth smile

1. Hannahr profile image75
      Hannahrposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much! I will check these products out smile and for the organic argan oil or extra virgin coconut oil, would I leave it in my hair or rinse it out?

2. smiileyfacexo profile image80
      smiileyfacexoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your welcome smile You can leave it in your hair especially after you've finished styling. Or use it as a hot oil treatment and rinse it off. I just leave mine in and I rarely use heat on my hair since I'm trying to grow my hair out.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

I use Mane & Tail, and have never had any issues.  Also, invest in Biosilk, which is an after conditioner leave in conditioner.  My hair soaks that up like water and keeps it silky and shiny.  If your hair is unruly, look into Citre Shine after spray.  It makes your hair not only shiny but relieves frizz and tangles.

Biosilk is not cheap, it runs about $23 a small bottle and you can get it at CVS or any hair salon.  But you don't need more than a dime size in your palm for your whole head, concentrating on the ends. 

And stay away from Pantine.  There is an additive in the ingredients that leaves a wax build up in your hair.  That's why it makes your hair look shiny but what happens is that over time, that wax builds up and actually prevents your hair from breathing, causing damage, especially when you switch to other shampoos.

4. AnnaCia profile image82
    AnnaCiaposted 5 years ago

My hair is long and thin.  I use CHI products that gives volume to your hair and a mask.

working