jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How often do we purchase the promises on beauty products instead of the product

1. Anjili profile image81
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

How often do we purchase the promises on beauty products instead of the product itself?

Should beauty products also contain warnings or disclaimers?

2. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 5 years ago

The majority of people buy on the promise rather than the ingredients.  Advertising is so subtle and pervasive, it will build up an image in the consumers' head that this product is the answer to all their dreams while still being natural and harmless.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Consumers should learn to read labels and understand what some of these terms REALLY mean.  Some things in nature are harmful to humans.  Take rhubarb for example - a little known fact is that while the red portion is delicious and nutritious, the green leaves will kill you.  The green leaf is natural and deadly.

They should contain warnings and disclaimers; but, they never will.  Money will win out and labelling could prove to be expensive.

3. mommahottness profile image54
    mommahottnessposted 5 years ago

I purchase the products. I research them thoroughly and buy where I can return if they don’t deliver what they promise! MAC, MACYS and CostCo have wonderful buy ~ try ~ return policies!

1. Polushd profile image56
      Polushdposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, how many times have you purchased make up that has been returned, we honestly don't know. To repress, or refill a makeup product and then reseal would be easy for its manufacturers, wouldn't you think?

working