jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What makes you consider yourself and others modern: fashionable dress or thought

1. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

What makes you consider yourself and others modern: fashionable dress or thought?

Is it right to consider a person modern only because she/he is following the present trend of fashion and look indecent? Sometimes, I wonder don't they have a mirror at home. Can fashion be the second name for modernity, I have a doubt.

2. hi friend profile image61
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

It depends on person to person.  Fashioned dress is not an end to anything.  One is considered to be cultured is mainly depends on his mental disposition and the way of his behaviour.

3. Hui (蕙) profile image80
    Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago

From wearing can be seen the character of a society in an age. An individual seeking for fashionable dress reflects that s/he is updating her/his thought parallel with the time.

1. annewilson profile image60
      annewilsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

very well said. !!!

4. Bishopdown profile image60
    Bishopdownposted 5 years ago

I believe that fashion has as much to with attitude as it does with clothes.  Being modern usually revolves around what's in at that given period in time or what's the latest fad. So, I would say that what makes a person considered fashionable is what makes them feel a certain way...comfortable.

5. annewilson profile image60
    annewilsonposted 5 years ago

Well, most of us are considered modern because of fashionable thought and dresses... in my view its thoughts bcoz if your thoughts are modern, the dressing sense changed automatically.

working