Do you consider yourself enlightened and tolerant? How do you demonstrate this?

1. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 7 years ago

Do you consider yourself  enlightened and tolerant? How do you demonstrate this?

Deep in our hearts we all held a compassion for others that comfort us. We want to believe that others think highly of us, they admire our humanity, our sense of international responsibility and our acceptance of all races and religions. But how to demonstrate this? There is, of course, a standard but ill-advised method: 'To trumpet your tolerance, all you need to do is wait until someone says something that you can construe as racist and it is your time to parade your own virtue by making intolerant attacks on others.' Unfortunately by using this method no one wins.

2. furnitureman profile image59
    furnituremanposted 7 years ago

Your being enlightened and tolerant could be very well demonstrated in times of maltreatment. If you experience that you are maltreated, do not give him the dose of his own medicine. Forgiveness is what a great enlightened soul can do. Maybe we should always bear in mind the very words of Jesus Christ while he was on the verge of dying at the cross. He called on his Father to forgive those who wronged him on the ground that those people knew not what they were doing. But, applying this kind of humility does not absolutely mean that you allow injustices to be perpetrated against your person without defending your right. God does not want that also to be our philosophy in life because you will be violating the law on self-love. God said love your neighbor as yourself. It is our right as well as our duty to defend ourselves without necessarily being un-Christian. We have courts where to bring our grievances against our brothers. To sum it up, we should act the way a good follower of Christ should. Christ said love one another as I have loved you. Thank you. More power and may God bless you.

3. hobbynob profile image79
    hobbynobposted 6 years ago

That's a tough one. Many people who consider themselves enlightened and tolerant are neither. So, not to be put into that camp, I think actions speak louder than words. If you truly treat every person as you yourself wish to be treated, I think you are somewhat enlightened and probably tolerant. True enlightenment, though, I think is achieved by a very few special people.

working