jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I keep my eyeliner from clumping as the day goes on?

1. Angel198625 profile image90
    Angel198625posted 5 years ago

How do I keep my eyeliner from clumping as the day goes on?

I tried different brands, and don't seem to have a steady enough hand for liquid eyeliner.

2. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I use a liquid eyeliner called Almay Intense i-color Liquid Eyeliner. It is liquid, so it goes on smooth and thin and doesn't clump. But the brush isn't a regular brush. It's doesn't have long, floppy bristles that are hard to control. Instead, it is like a felt-tip pen. It is soft enough to glide the liner on, but firm enough to stay steady. The brush is tapered and the point is very fine so you can create a very skinny line, or tilt it a little to the side for a thicker line. You dip the felt-tip brush into the little pot of liquid and get the amount that you want. Once it dries, it lasts all day. It is not waterproof, though. It is also very inexpensive. You can get it at Walmart, Target, CVS, etc. for about $4. It comes in black, brown, purple and raisin. I love this eyeliner and have recommended it in two of my beauty hubs here on HP.

I know there are other brands with this type of brush, but I don't know which brands they are.

I tried to put a link in the Almy's info page about this liner, but a page came back saying it wasn't alowed.

3. LilaDaley profile image61
    LilaDaleyposted 5 years ago

I use gel liners such as Sonia K's and Bobbi Brown's eyeliner gel.  I use a small angled eyeliner brush.  Lots of control with the angled brush and gel.  These two brands dry and stick good.  Plus they look fantastic!

GOSH eyeliners are VERY waterproof, smudge proof.  You have to use Bi-Facils eye makeup remover.  You can't use your basic mu remover towelettes or face wash.

4. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty much the same. One thing that's helped me a lot is to use a primer- e.l.f. has one that works great, and its only one dollar! Just pat it onto your eyelid, and when its dried a bit, your liner will go on smoother and will stay put. For backup, you can use a waterproof liner. I've found that gel liner goes on easiest for me, with pencils or markers its easier to make mistakes. Gel just glides right on!

5. bwhite062007 profile image86
    bwhite062007posted 5 years ago

If you do not have a steady enough hand for liqiud eyeliner, then many brands make a felt tip one that is much easier to control. It is similiar to a pencil eyeliner with out the clump. Kind of like a sharpie for your eye. It goes on smooth and stays put for most of the day. I either use a liquid eyeliner or gel but I find the gel to be thick and clumpy on it's own let alone on my eye. Hope this helps.

6. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

I don't use eyeliner, only black powder eyeshadow on a slanted brush. I find it lasts longer, it's less mess and easy to use.  My daughter uses a marker from L'Oreal that glides right on and never clumps, although when I used pencil or liquid eyeliner, it never clumped.  Maybe it's the brand you use?  Try out different ones and remember, sometimes with makeup, you do get what you pay for.  You should invest in quality makeup.  It will save you money in the long run.