jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many times a week should people wash their hair?

1. scoop profile image85
    scoopposted 5 years ago

How many times a week should people wash their hair?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I would think everyday. That's what I was taught as proper hygiene for a Man anyway. For Women with long hair, Maybe not as often. Everyday if you have oily hair especially.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

You should only shampoo your hair about 3 times a week, otherwise you strip out the natural oils. Some even believe that is too often. I wash mine every other day because I have oily hair.

4. forall profile image61
    forallposted 5 years ago

It depends on the type of hair you have, oily hair should be washed more often if compared to dry hair. It is the same for short hair if compared to long hair, just because it is easier to take care of a short hair.

5. weekend profile image60
    weekendposted 5 years ago

This depends by and large upon sebum production. The more you secrete, the more frequently your scalp and hair require cleansing.

6. LilaDaley profile image61
    LilaDaleyposted 5 years ago

This depends on the person.  I need to wash my hair everyday during the summer but 3 days a week in the winter.  My hair and scalp get oily easily in the warm and humid temps.  I have fine, straight hair.

My daughter needs to only wash her hair 2 times a week all year long.  She has lots of hair that is thick, course and curly.  I do make sure she has argan oil in it to keep soft.

7. profile image0
    Delila1posted 4 years ago

The more frequently you wash your hair the more frequently it would need washing! So whenever possible, avoid washing your hair. Ideally speaking 3-4 times a week of applying shampoo should be enough.

working