jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How often do we need to shampoo our hair?

1. Lovely  C profile image73
    Lovely Cposted 2 years ago

How often do we need to shampoo our hair?

2. prettynutjob30 profile image91
    prettynutjob30posted 2 years ago

Every other day, unless, your hair gets dirty. Washing your hair everyday, can leave it dry, and brittle. I also would recommend when you do wash, to use a natural shampoo, it doesn't have as many harsh chemicals, as regular shampoo's.

Lovely Cposted 2 years agoin reply to this

thanks Mary..well i am a very outdoor person..so i guess every other day will work for me

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Completely depends on you and your body. Some people who have fine or naturally oily hair have to wash their hair every day. Others can get away with once a week or once every few days. Diseases and disorders can also impact how often you can or should wash your hair. For example I have lupus. If I were to wash my hair every day it would all fall out. I like my thick hair so I wash it about once every 4 days. My hair does not get oily easily so it works for me. It all depends on what your hair needs. There is not a one way fits all answer.

peeples, you have a very informative answer.my hair isn't really that oily..i might have to try getting it shampoo-free a day or two and then i'll see ..thanks

4. everythingzealous profile image74
    everythingzealousposted 2 years ago

Recent research shows that it does not really matter and it should be decided on by personal preference.
    Although - you should never shampoo daily unless you workout/sweat a lot, live in a highly humid place, or have very fine hair.
    Also the thicker your hair than honestly the less you need to wash.
    I have fairly thick hair and i shampoo twice a week, using dry shampoo for a little pick-me-up if needed.

Some women even swear by the "no-poo" trend that has recently been getting more and more popular. But I personally could not do this...

Ashley,
      thank you for the advice.

working