jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What do you do with old shoes?

1. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

What do you do with old shoes?

When a favourite pair of shoes are too worn to use any longer, I feel bad throwing them out. Am I the only one?

2. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

Same but I have to start doing it . If they are still ok to be worn I give them to an op shop like a lot of other items !

innerspinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I left an old pair of boots under the bed at a hotel once, so I could kid myself they were having a nice break! Thanks for answering.

3. SUPERFLY831 profile image58
    SUPERFLY831posted 5 years ago

i use the shoe laces as my belt..lol
    or i just give them to goodwill.

4. Kate Mc Bride profile image86
    Kate Mc Brideposted 5 years ago

If they are too worn to leave in the charity shop, we use them for lighting the fire. I know some other people who do the same.

innerspinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We don't have an open fire these days, it is a good way to use very worn shoes.

5. kj force profile image71
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I took an old pair of heels once and sprayed them with metallic paint ( .99 cents )
    added touches of glitter and a silk butterfly on one and a small feathered bird on the other..( purchased from Michaels Craft store )...filled the shoe with potting soil and various plants, some which flower.,( you may be able to find a small container to fit inside shoe also )  made a cute gift for a very good friend...
    My G-C have done this project with an old tennis shoe and a mary jane..spraying with primary paint colours , filled netting with potporri,place in shoe, tie with the shoelace dyed ...cute gift for Mother's Day...

PS..make sure to spray shoe with Lysol inside and dry before applying paint....

6. Nia Foxx profile image61
    Nia Foxxposted 5 years ago

I just cleaned out my closet and what I couldn't give to a family member I definitely took to one of the many charity bins in my area.  There are also tons of homeless shelters.  Your old and unwanted could bring happiness to someone else.

7. afmolinajr profile image45
    afmolinajrposted 5 years ago

i actually give it to those people who needed it most. sometimes i give it to my relatives who cant afford to buy a pair a shoes.

working