How do you find a good lip color?

1. collegatariat profile image83
    collegatariatposted 5 years ago

How do you find a good lip color?

Alright ladies, this is for you... obviously.  I'm getting married next March and am having a '50s themed wedding, complete with a vintage dress from my fiancee's grandmother and yes, red lip stick.  However, I've worn it once in my life, so I have no idea what to look for in the makeup aisle that won't leave red kisses all over the groom's face, have to be reapplied all day, or leave that lovely smudge on my teeth.  Also, how do you find a color that suits your lip color?  Thanks for any help!

2. diydiva profile image81
    diydivaposted 5 years ago

If you're looking for a "your lips but better" color, go to a local beauty counter and ask them to match you.  If you would rather purchase a drugstore color you can check out my blog or youtube videos where I swatch my favorite fall colors most of which are very subtle nudeish colors.

3. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 5 years ago

Great theme! Popular here too. I would suggest going to a department store and trying on several shades of red, have it applied by the make-up artist at the counter. One good brand is MAC. This way you can compare and not purchase any lipsticks until you are sure. Let them know you want a lipstick that won't "run" into creases, teeth, smudge on clothes, etc. There are some long-lasting lipsticks out there, but like I said, try it on and wear it for the day...see how it holds up, how long it lasts. As for the color, I would pick a red that is not to orange-red. Good Luck. You may have to refrain from kissing the groom until after...you may want to give him a big red kiss for a fun photo, then wipe it off.

working