jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Which brands of makeup do professional makeup artists use?

1. sleepylog profile image93
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

Which brands of makeup do professional makeup artists use?

2. carlajbehr profile image91
    carlajbehrposted 5 years ago

My daughter does wedding makeup and uses Mary Kay predominately, but I would hazard to guess that most pros use a pic-a-mix of products as do most woman.   Perhaps one brand of mascara works and another brand of foundation.  I probably have three to four separate brands in my makeup bag as I type.  I would also suspect that professional makeup artists, just as other professionals, are deluged by company samples in hopes that they will be converted to a brand.  Think pharmacy reps that constantly visit doctor's offices.  Anyway, I'm a writer who works in technology so what do I know.  : )  But I do love makeup!

1. sleepylog profile image93
      sleepylogposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you there, a mix of products is probably what most MUAs use. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question smile

3. younghopes profile image75
    younghopesposted 5 years ago

makeup artists primarily go with big brands like DIOR, MAC, Estee Lauder etc. This is mainly because if you have a look at the beauty blogs and websites you will see that these are the most popular brands there and most of the time their products to receive the highest ratings.

4. Victoria Anne profile image95
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

MAC is pretty popular, especially for eye shadows, and it is pretty reasonably priced. Estee Lauder has nice foundation and Lancome is good as well. Artistry has good skincare products as well as makeup. For myself I like Mary Kay, it is good quality and not too expensive but I don't think a lot of "professionals" use it. A lot of it is personal preference and also being sensitive to allergies.

Closed to reply

working