jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Can anyone recommend a good, lasting makeup foundation?

1. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good, lasting makeup foundation?

My favourite doesn't seem to suit my skin any more. I need good coverage that stays on well.

2. carlajbehr profile image92
    carlajbehrposted 4 years ago

I haven't found any that stay really well alone- but I do find if I powder overtop the foundation, it is most helpful for staying power.  Best wishes!

innerspinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good point, thanks!

3. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Have you tried Lo'real True Match Liquid Foundation? It's seems to last for a long time, all day in fact.

No, not tried that one. Thank you. It can be an expensive mistake if you pick the wrong makeup.

4. BritStar profile image70
    BritStarposted 4 years ago

I've been using the pur minerals powder compact. If you apply it with a flat chisel brush, it will give good coverage without having to layer it on. I have sensitive skin and my skin feels great whenever i wear it.

1. profile image0
      Efieldsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Pur minerals is a great product! I love the fact that it is talc free, and has shea butter in it so it doesn't dry the skin out. Great for sensitive skin! Sorry I get excited about makeup :-)

5. profile image0
    Efieldsposted 4 years ago

Do you use a primer?  A good primer is key for long lasting makeup, and can also reduce the apperence of enlarged pores. Primers create a barrier between your foundation and skin so your makeup stays put. Also, keep in mind that updating your skincare routine can make a world of difference.

Hope I helped!

Thank you! I have just bought a primer, and it does seem to be a help.

6. profile image60
    Anna Nataliaposted 3 years ago

I've been using Mac's Studio Fix Fluid for quite some time now and it stays on all day. If you are looking for a more affordable foundation I would have to definitely recommend Lo'real TrueMatch. Considering its affordability it truly is a great product.

7. profile image55
    mercyluxxposted 3 years ago

Try applying a make up primer before you apply your foundation and a long lasting make up spray for oily  or reg. skin" nyx ,mac ,Sephora  have good sprays. For long lasting coverage for make up . But def. Try a primer and the spary  it will make a difference. . Hope this helps.

working