jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

If you had to narrow your wardrobe down to just 10 pieces of clothing, what woul

1. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 4 years ago

If you had to narrow your wardrobe down to just 10 pieces of clothing, what would you pick?

If you had to make your entire wardrobe (including things appropriate for home, work, Church, events etc.) with just 10 pieces of clothing what would you pick?  (For the purposes of this, we'll say the 10 pieces does not include socks, underwear or necessary winter wear, but does include fashion accessories, extra outerwear etc.)

2. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 4 years ago

My cargo pants. I wear them ALL the time. Now I am retired, I do not have to dress up every day. I have cargo pants for summer and warmer jogging pants for winter. And some tops of course. And a fleece to keep me warm in winter.

1. profile image73
      ElleBeeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yes, I suppose being retired would make this challenge easier than for those of us who have to balance work and home wardrobes smile

3. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Tough question!
    My list includes:
    jeans, white long-sleeved hip-length blouse, black slacks, matching black blazer/jacket, seersucker Bermuda shorts, denim jacket, simple knee-length dress w/ slightly flared/pleated skirt, a gray flyaway front tunic cardigan, black yoga pants, natural linen long-sleeve blouse. I've reached 10 but still can't do w/o a long print scarf, a belt, boots, flats, sandals, a large tote, a clutch,  dark glasses, and silver jewelry! Can you tell I'm a California girl?

1. profile image73

narrowing it down to 10 definitely would be hard!

4. BuffaloGal1960 profile image72
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

That basic black dress.
    One of my numerous wraps.
    My turquoise/sterling Native jewelry.
    A great pair of jeans.
    A red blouse.
    A turquoise blouse.
    A pair of black slacks.
    A pair of black capri pants.
    A long scarf.
    A black skirt.

1. profile image73

Sounds like a good mix of items.  I totally agree with you that a wrap would have to make the list.

5. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

Is that even possible for women?  Shoes alone are a big part of every wardrobe and that would equal at least four items.  You have me smiling at the possiblities though.  I guess jeans are a basic because you can dress them up or down followed by a good neutral jacket and blouse.  Then of course you would have to have that little basic black dress with heels to match.  The rest is underwear.

1. profile image73

to be honest, I had completely forgotten the shoes part of the equation! (which is weird considering how much I love my shoes.)

working