This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Why can some people pull off anything they wear while others can't?

1. humzah profile image79
    humzahposted 3 years ago

Why can some people pull off anything they wear while others can't?

Many people tell me 'Yeah, only YOU can wear those clothes/pull them off". I always thank them for such comments but that got me to thinking: why do people feel that some people can wear absolutely anything and look good while others feel that their choices are limited.
    I've been told that it's because of one's body type but several people who have the same complexion/body type as myself say so too. Could you guys please shine some light on the matter?

2. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

People who have symmetrical faces and body shapes can "pull off" all kinds of looks, because your subconscious mind doesn't pick up on any inconsistencies in their appearance.

Whereas people with asymmetrical faces and body shapes are limited to outfits that minimize their asymmetry or are asymmetrical themselves, because your brain notices the asymmetry and can't abide by it unless the outfit counteracts it.

3. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

I think it has a lot to do with confidence and self-esteem, especially because we're constantly bombarded by messages from a beauty industry that wants to convince us we're not good enough the way we are...

working