In what ways has makeup or other forms of body modification effected today's soc

1. Cassidy Amber profile image61
    Cassidy Amberposted 2 years ago

In what ways has makeup or other forms of body modification effected today's society?

Curious.

2. MarieLB profile image84
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

There are some ways that men and women employ to make them look better that are of our times.  Some of these I would call 'deceptive', eg: plastic surgery to remove signs of age, fill in boobs to augment what nature gave us, implanted hair, et al.

But for most of the more common ways men and women adorn themselves and make themselves look more attractive, I'd say it is on a par with olden times.

We may not use war paint, or feather head-dresses, or dangle skulls from a chain, or put ochre and other paints on us, but it is using whatever is available in a similar fashion.  Expensive items to wear or carry are also a form of "make-up" because they are intended to enhance the image of the owner.

So personally, I do not see that today's methods are any different, except in the cases I mentioned in the first paragraph.  Those methods can give a completely false image of someone, particularly good at hiding the age factor where this is important.

working