jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best technique for shaving legs?

1. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 2 years ago

What is the best technique for shaving legs?

2. poppyr profile image99
    poppyrposted 2 years ago

I'm assuming you mean women's legs. Get a decent quality razor - Venus is a good brand. Make sure your legs are VERY wet with warm water before starting. Some people use shaving foam, but I don't bother with it. Bring your leg up to a higher level, such as on the side of the bath, as if you're about to take a large step up. Start from the bottom up, making sure your legs are as wet as possible with warm/hot water. Be especially careful around your ankles and knees as this is where it is easier to cut yourself. A razor with moisturiser between the blades, such as a Venus razor, is good as it helps your skin relax and reduces the chances of cutting.
    Hope that helps!

3. Lila Raines profile image77
    Lila Rainesposted 2 years ago

First, invest in a good razor. Buy one that has five blades and a built in softener. Personally, I like using the Gillette Venus because it has read replaceable heads and it does a really good job. If you get a really good high-end razor in the $10-$20 range from any of the major brands you will find that it's pretty difficult to cut yourself.

When you shave, your skin has to be moist. You can shave in the shower with or without gel or, I like to use hand lotion when not taking a shower. The lotion moisturizes really well and gives a very clean and close cut.

1. profile image53
      jeneshaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

i have used razor once but later a week i got dense hair grown in my leg ,what to do for that?

4. profile image60
    Homemade Tipsposted 2 years ago

If you are asking about women's leg. Most important buy good quality razor like -venus, personally I have tried it's and really nice. Wet your leg if you want you can apply shaving foam and start using razor for selected area be careful while using it.
    Post that take shower and apply good lotion on you legs.
    And if your are really scared of using razor you can try hair removal cream also like - fem etc. its easy to apply also.

working