jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the best technique to control your temper?

1. AlmondJoyful profile image55
    AlmondJoyfulposted 7 years ago

What is the best technique to control your temper?

2. profile image0
    mynameiszigiposted 7 years ago

Temper, smile, grief are all parts of brain activity. So, to have a control on your brain is a must. I urge to do yoga on a regular basis to have that control on a larger extent

3. urs_dipak profile image58
    urs_dipakposted 7 years ago

Self meditation. and rethink the others points.

4. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

Doing meditation regulalry helps in controlling the temper. Besides, whenever you are in anger or losing your temper, two glass of cold water if taken will slow down the anger. A person who is prone to losing temper should keep himself away from the particular thing which causes anger.

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I take that when you refer to temper, you mean anger, we can be good tempered..
    Anger is an emotion, it is entirely from within, it is how you react to outside stimuli; how you react is to do with no one else, or thing else, other than yourself, those stimuli don't get into your head and twiddle about little knobs to make you angry, you do that all by yourself.
    Meditation is to do with being aware of emotions, not control of emotions, when you're aware of emotions, you can watch them arise, then let them go, awareness and detachment.  Because you know their nature, you become free of them and can think clearly, the emotive mind is unclear, it is taken over by emotion, anger, hatred, love, sorrow, hunger... and stops thinking, stops being efficient.

6. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

Take deep breaths, repeat a calming word, relax your muscles, imagine a calm place to decrease your anger. Do not drink, use violence or pick up a weapon.

7. OnlineHub profile image69
    OnlineHubposted 7 years ago

Relax then go out of the house (take a brisk walk) and count your blessings.

8. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

stop regroup think walk away go for a jog do something productive

9. Csjun89 profile image68
    Csjun89posted 7 years ago

I've found counting to 100 helps, in preventing legal liability since you would have cooled down before punching the person

10. maheshpatwal profile image72
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

I believe here you meant by Anger......... Whenever you are angry just close your eyes......... slowly count from one to ten and think about that special thing which you like the most..........

working