jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Which animals are the best to make fur coats out of?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 15 months ago

Which animals are the best to make fur coats out of?

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 15 months ago
  3. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 15 months ago

It really relies on what look or feel you are going after. (I just assume you know that this is completely out of bounds PC wise) I have seen some Black Bear furs that were beautiful but not for a black tie party. The Inuit have completely stunning Polar Bear clothing/gear. Although their name is so associated with horribleness - Sea Pup fur is a cut above most wild furs.
    Mink and Sable are really close and most would not know the difference. Canada in part would not be French speaking without the fur trade mostly Beaver and fox I believe though I know more.
    The NA Bison nearly extinct for the hide.
    Racoon, wolf, weasle, and Mountain Lion work well.

Here is your deal. Unless you are a real millionaire you just cannot afford a first class fur coat. Whatever you wore outside the house that is not first class kind of makes you look like a fake fur street walker. So better to go with high end fake.
    Keep this in mind, we kind of look the other way with lab rats and chicken and beef farms. But you just cannot do it for furs. The societal benefit just cannot outweigh the cruelty.
    So here you are. Get real well read up. Get an idea what you want. And then hit those estate sales with your pocketbook. Because the answer to your question excludes the notion of making a new one. We are too well evolved. Do like my enviro daughter did -- extend yourself and buy two antique coats, then sell the one online to pay for both.

1. PhoenixV profile image68
      PhoenixVposted 15 months agoin reply to this

In a world of billionaires and governments that have access to trillions of dollars , the same world that has starving people. A world with drones and hellfire missiles and Wars. I wonder where you get the notion of too well evolved.

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 15 months agoin reply to this

We are evolved, like from random chemical reactions in a primordial soup? Hmmm, we have come a long way, really, but we are "too well evolved" to "make a new one" What the h does that mean? Animals aren't well evolved? Again Eric, I wonder

3. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 15 months agoin reply to this

This is interesting. Looking at humans and judging their evolutionary statues based on what we "should" be like. A moral judgment based scale. Seems that we can really only look to history to judge evolution and not toward a goal.

4. The0NatureBoy profile image45
    The0NatureBoyposted 15 months ago

If my interpretation of Daniel 4 is correct, the best animal for man to make a fur coat out of is to produce it from within ourselves (verse 33), that way we can increase and decrease the amount of fir we have with THE TEMPERATURE changes.

working