jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think of men who wear cologne in the workplace? Do you like it or do

1. mtkomori profile image87
    mtkomoriposted 5 months ago

What do you think of men who wear cologne in the workplace? Do you like it or does it bother you?

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 5 months ago

I don't like it when anyone wears cologne near me. I have terrible allergies, so while they think they smell good, my face swells up, and I start sneezing, and I can't get away from them fast enough.

A general rule of thumb for wearing scents in a business setting: people should only be able to smell it if they come within a few feet of you. If they can smell it across the office, or across a conference room, you're wearing too much.

Some offices are now scent-free, meaning no cologne can be worn to work at all.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13704760_f260.jpg

It really comes down to each person's (smell) preference.
    Since we don't know who will find which scent offensive the safe thing to do is probably avoid wearing cologne and perfumes to work. Your boss might be someone who hates your favorite scent! Career wise it's probably not worth the risk.

4. Necento anto profile image87
    Necento antoposted 5 months ago

Wearing cologne is not the problem, the problem is when they wear too much of it. Mild scent is good but if the scent is strong, I get headaches.

working