jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Off topic but need help for West Australian Hairdressers

1. Eileen Hughes profile image82
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

Sorry not a hubpages topic but need to get message out to all Hairdressers and their staff and more importantly their clients.

AUSTRALIAN HAIRDRESSERS AND CLIENTS NEED TO KNOW THIS
    THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO DEREGULATE HAIRDRESSING

TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW PLEASE JOIN THE GROUP 'AND SAY NO TO DEREGULATING HAIRDRESSING'
    PLEASE SEND THIS TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. WE NEED TO BE VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT
    IT AND THINK YOU SHOULD BE TOO,
    THAT IS IF YOU CARE ABOUT WHETHER THE PERSON
    CUTTING OR DYEING YOUR HAIR HAS ANY EXPERIENCE!!!!!

TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE BEING HURT THROUGH INEXPERIENCED HAIRDRESSERS USING TREATMENTS THAT THEY ARE NOT EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO USE.

IF YOU CARE WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO DO THEN PLEASE TAKE UP A PARTITION AND GET SIGNATURES.

OR PLEASE GO TO YOUR LOCAL HAIRDRESSERS AND ASK TO SIGN!! or e...mail info@cut925.com.au   for a form

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Eileen,

Whats the go here, what happens if the gov de-regulates the industry ???

1. Eileen Hughes profile image82
        Eileen Hughesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Like over in the eastern states, it has been deregulated and even on today tonight there was another example of a person suffering from incorrect use of the chemicals on their hair . 

Some have drastic hair loss, burnt scalps, and scarring.

At the moment the people being trained are given a 3 year training so that they will know how to use products.  If it is deregulated it will probably be a 3 month or similar.

This is the danger.  The government seems to be able to do what they like whenever it takes their fancy.   

My daughter has a hairdressing shop with her daughter as a qualified hairdresser. She just learned about this and they have a week to get thousands of signatures from hairdressers and clients alike to try and stop this from happening.  The eastern states have already learned the hazards from this happening.

Please help to get signatures by going to your hairdresser or sending email as above   many thanks.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

.....ahhhhh and see a potential rise for shonky hair dressers coming out in droves and destroying legit business.

Good to know Eileen as a former business owner (different industry, but former small biz owner), I am one for protecting industry from potential harm.

I have also have mates whose daughters have had some bad expereinces from backyard hairdoes.

My local girls down the road will hear from me smile

2. Eileen Hughes profile image82

Thanks so much we would appreciate that.

3. Eileen Hughes profile image82

Check out these horror stories that are shown on TV as results from bad untrained staff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeQPxxx6R9Y

working