10 Signs of Facebook Addiction
Facebook has changed the way people find and connect with friends, family, colleagues, or even old flames. It also allows you to schedule events, organize gathering, and most specially play games with friends. But for some, the simple exploration of friends from this wonderful site has become more than just social networking. Although there are no studies conducted, some experts are seeing more and more people showing signs of addiction and are becoming a real problem for many. Here are some of the signs of Facebook addiction…
1. You get shaky when you missed to check your Facebook. You update your Facebook status more than twice a day and you are always in the look for people to add in your friends list. But if something comes up and you are not able to check your Facebook account, cold sweat starts coming out and you get shaky. You have to get your hands on the computer and see what’s going on with your Facebook. You even get a phone that is Facebook capable so that when you log out from your computer, you are still online using your mobile phone.
2. Sleeplessness. You spend long hours on Facebook and lose track of time that is why you sleep late almost every night. The following day you feel so cranky and sleepy to get out of bed for work.
3. Less sex. Before Facebook, you see to it that you get laid on a regular basis especially during weekends. Now, you prefer to plow your farm in Farmville than to plow your wife, girl friend or significant other.
Or you complain from your partner because you need to have more sex, but now your OK with it since you spend all your free time in front of the computer.
4. Clutters. It is difficult enough to find time to organize and clean up clutters in your home before Facebook. But ever since you signed up on Facebook, the kitchen is always a mess with dishes on the sink or laundry clothes filing up.
5. Weight Loss. Some of you may find it beneficial, but actually you spend so much time on Facebook that you often skip meals. This is not good for your health.
6. Tired and burning eyes. Spending long hours in front of the computer leaves your eyes tired and irritated but it does not bother you one bit.
7. Arguments start to fire up. Before Facebook, you have a smooth sailing relationship with your significant other. But ever since you got hooked on Facebook, arguments start to arise because your significant other feels jealous about the amount of time you spent on your Facebook account. Misunderstanding can also arise if you start to rekindle an old flame.
8. Silence. If you and your wife always had arguments before Facebook, now the room is very quiet because both of you are busy with your own Facebook accounts. The only sound that you hear is the sound of animals from Farmville.
9. Your work is getting old. You feel less motivated to work and if you get a chance, you check your Facebook account while at the office.
10. Lastly, if you are a Facebook addict and you are reading this then your first reaction is that you are not a Facebook addict. It is called denial.